VoyForums

Sunday, March 29, 06:41:20amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Books Board

Here we have the Quote of the Day and book discussions. Please click HERE to learn more about Quote of the Day.
When discussing the books please keep a few guidelines in mind. Thank you.
Also, the ladies who post QOTD put a lot of love into their posts, so your interaction is highly appreciated. :)

If you have not yet read the first 8 novels, The Companion/Through The Stones, ALL the Lord John books or her short stories,
chances are you are going to encounter messages and/or QOTD passages that will contain "spoilers" in them.

Discussions regarding Diana's "in progress" works are NOT posted here.

For those who are interested in reading some of Herself's thoughts in her own words,
here is a link to her folder at the Books and Writers Community at: Compuserve.
Herself's blog: Diana Gabaldon's Blog. Diana on social media:Facebook and Twitter. Herself's YouTube channel: Voyagesoftheartemis' Channel.

How can YOU support the Ladies of Lallybroch?
Click here to find out.

Welcome Board Books/QOTD Board Social Board Lallypalooza Polls and Surveys
The Kirk Joke Board Reading Recommendations Scotland Travel Tips Board Literary Forum Board
Ladies of Lallybroch Home 

Page LoL FAQ HTML Practice Board Voy Tips
Starz Outlander Series Board DG New Releases

Contact Forum Admin

• April quoters needed! -- Judie, 19:02:53 03/28/15 Sat
    Holy Moley, we need help. :D

Judie

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• QOTD for Saturday, March 28, 2015 -- LisaW, 00:57:48 03/28/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 47 "Loose Ends". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" " "I've spent more than twenty years looking for answers, Roger,and I can
    tell you only one thing: There aren't any answers, only choices. I've made a
    number of them myself, and no one can tell me whether they were right or
    wrong. Master Raymond perhaps, though I don't suppose he would; he was a
    man who believed in mysteries,
       "I can see the right of it only far enough to know that I must tell you--
    and leave the choice to you." "

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, March 27, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:34:47 03/26/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 40 "The Fox's Lair". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "What on earth does neo-geimnidh meala mean?" I said, jerking on his
    sleeve to slow him. He glanced down, as though I had just been recalled to his
    wandering attention.
       "Ah? Oh, it means honeylips, all right. More or less."
       "But--"
       "It's no your mouth he was referring to, Sassenach," Jamie said dryly.
       "Why, that--" I made as if to turn back to the study, but Jamie tightened
    his grip on my arm.
       "Cluck, cluck, cluck," he murmured in my ear. "Dinna worry, Sassenach.
    They're only tryin' me. It will be alright." "

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- LisaW, 23:17:29 03/25/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 37 "Holyrood". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Taken by surprise, Jamie laughed.
       "Willie said that once, to me," he said, and then the full lips clamped shut;
    he spoke rarely of his dead elder brother, and never, I imagined, had he men-
    tioned Willie to Colum before.
       If Colum noticed the slip, he gave no sign of it.
       "I wrote to her then," he said, looking abstractedly at one of the tilted
    stones nearby. "When your brother and the babe died of the pox. That was the
    first time, since she left Leoch."
       "Since she wed my father, ye mean."
       Colum nodded slowly, still looking away. "

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, March 25, 2015 -- LisaW, 19:59:16 03/24/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 31 "Mail Call". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "As for the work . . . there's work for me here." I glanced down into the
    basket of herbs and medicines on my arm. "I can be useful. And if I miss
    Mother Hildegarde, or my other friends--well, it isn't as fast as a telephone,
    but there are always letters."
       I stopped, holding his arm, and looked up at him. The sun was setting,
    and the light gilded one side of his face, throwing the strong bones into relief.
       "Jamie . . . I only want to be where you are. Nothing else."
       He stood still for a moment, then leaned forward and kissed me very
    gently on the forehead. "

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, March 24, 2015 -- LisaW, 20:33:21 03/23/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 19 "An Oath Is Sworn". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "God, you are so beautiful," he said softly. "Unkempt and unslept, wi'
    the waves of your hair all about your face. Bonny love. Have ye sat here all
    night long, then?"
       " I wasn't the only one." I motioned toward the floor, where Fergus lay
    curled up on the carpet, head on a cushion by my feet. He shifted slightly in his
    sleep, mouth open a bit, soft pink and full-lipped as the baby he so nearly was.
       Jamie laid a big hand gently on his shoulder.
       "Come on, then, laddie. Ye've done well to guard your mistress." He
    scooped the boy up and laid him against his shoulder, mumbling and sleepy-
    eyed. "You're a good man, Fergus, and ye've earned your rest. Come on to
    your bed." I saw Fergus's eyes flare wide in surprise, then half-close as he
    relaxed, nodding in Jamie's arms. "

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, March 23, 2015 -- LisaW, 21:35:18 03/22/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 11 "Useful Occupations". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "My hair came loose, midway through," he said. "The thong holding it
    broke, and the wind was blowing it into my eyes, so all I could see was the wee
    white shape of Charles in his shirt, darting to and fro like a minnow. And that's
    how I got him, finally--the way ye spear a fish with a dirk." he snorted
    through his nose.
       "He let out a skelloch as though I'd run him through, though I knew I'd
    but pinked him in one arm. I got the hair out of my face at last and looked
    beyond him to see Annalise standing there at the edge of the clearing, wi' her
    eyes wide and dark as yon pool." He gestured out over the silver-black surface
    beside us.
       "So I sheathed my blade and smoothed back my hair, and stood there--
    half-expectin' her to come and throw herself into my arms, I suppose." "

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, March 22, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:04:22 03/21/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 2 "The Plot Thickens". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "You were asking Bree if she'd go with you to do field research. I wanted
    to ask you ... there's a place I'd rather you didn't take her, if you don't
    mind."
       Alarm bells went off at once in Roger's head. Was he going to find out
    what the secret was about Broch Tuarach?
       "The circle of standing stones--they call it Craig na Dun." Claire's face
    was earnest as she leaned slightly closer. "There's an important reason, or I
    wouldn't ask. I want to take Brianna to the circle myself, but I'm afraid I can't
    tell you why, just now, I will, in time, but not quite yet. Will you promise me?" "

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, March 21, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:39:53 03/20/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 120, A Crackling Of Thorns. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“No!” Jamie bellowed, seeing it. “Germain, don’t” But Germain bent his head over his brother’s, and I thought I saw his lips move, saying, “Hold on tight.” And then he stepped out into the air, both hands clinging to the rope, Henri-Christian’s stocky legs wrapped round his ribs.

It happened instantly and yet so slowly. Henri-Christian’s short legs lost their grip. Germain’s grab failed, for the little boy was already falling, arms outstretched, in a half somersault through the smoky air.

He fell straight through the sea of upraised hands, and the sound as his head struck the cobbles was the sound of the end of the world.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, March 20, 2015 -- CarolSR (:(), 15:59:24 03/19/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 115, The Raveled Sleeve Of Care. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“This morning there was only stillness, and the curled form of what used to be Rollo.

Ian rose and went to him swiftly, knelt on the floor beside the body of his dog, and laid a gentle hand on the big furry head. He didn’t say anything, or weep, but she heard the sound he made when he breathed, as of something tearing in his chest.

She got out of bed and came to Ian, kneeling beside him, arm about his waist, and she was weeping, quite without meaning to.

“Mo chiu,” Ian said, running his hand lightly over the soft, thick fur. “Mo chuilean.” There was a catch in his voice when he said, “Beannachd leat, a charaid.” Goodbye, old friend.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, March 19, 2015 -- CarolSR, 18:58:16 03/18/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter, 78, In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“It was while hauling the horse’s head round in order to lead her up the bank that he saw the other British soldier.

This one was lying near the bottom of the ravine, too, but not in the mud. He was lying facedown, but with his head turned to one side, and…”Och, Jesus, no! Ian flung his horse’s reins hastily round a tree trunk and bounded up the slope. It was, of course. He’d known it from the first glimpse of the long legs, the shape of the head, but the face made it certain, even masked with blood as it was.

William was still alive; his face twitched under the feet of a half-dozen black flies feeding on his drying blood.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, March 18, 2015 -- CarolSR, 14:11:02 03/17/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 83, Sundown. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Don’t leave me, Claire,” Jamie whispered, very close to my ear. “This time, I’ll beg. Dinna go from me. Please.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, March 17, 2015 -- Carol Sullivan Radzik, 16:36:40 03/16/15 Mon

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 81, Among The Tombstones. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“He saw her at once, as though his thought had conjured her; right there in the open. She was standing up, staring openmouthed, and no wonder – there was a Continental regular on a stool beside her, holding a bloodstained cloth, and more such cloths in a basin at her feet. But why was she out here? She—

And then he saw her jerk upright, clap a hand to her side, and fall.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, March 16, 2015 -- CarolSR, 15:51:55 03/15/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 47, Something Suitable In Which To Go To War.. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“I turned my face to the side in order to breathe, and all of a sudden began to cry, quite without warning. “I’m sorry,” I gasped. “I don’t mean – I don’t want t-to make it h-harder for you. I—I –oh, Jamie, when I knew you were alive—I wanted so much to go home. To go home with you.”
    His arms tightened hard round me. He didn’t speak, and I knew it was because he couldn’t.
    “So did I,” he whispered at last. “And we will, a nighean. I promise ye.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, March 15, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:37:49 03/14/15 Sat
    Greetings Lads and Lassies and welcome to another week of Quote of the Day. When my week to quote comes up, I usually pull quotes from the book I read most recently. I review all the passages I've highlighted and try to come up with quotes for a certain theme. The book this week is Written In My Own Heart's Blood. The theme is pain...characters suffering pain...or passages that caused me pain reading them. Enjoy the journey. CarolSR

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 1, A Hundredweight Of Stones. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Then he sighed deeply, squatted. And touched one of the cairns.

“Tha gaol agam oirbh, a Mhathair,” he said softly. My love is upon you , Mother. Closed his eyes and laid a scuffed hand on the other heap of stones. The dirt ground into his skin made his fingers feel strange, as though he could maybe reach straight through the earth and touch what he needed.

He stayed still, breathing, then opened his eyes. “Help me wi’ this, Uncle Jamie,” he said. I dinna think I can manage, alone.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, March 14, 2015 -- Rita, 21:07:57 03/13/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "Return to Leoch". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Afterward, still joined, he traced the fading bruises his fingers had left on my shoulders by the roadside two days before.
    “I’m sorry for those, mo duinne,” he said, gently kissing each one. “I was in a rare temper when I did it, but it’s no excuse. It’s shameful to hurt a woman, in a rage or no. I’ll not do it again.”
    I laughed a bit ironically. “You’re apologizing for those? What about the rest? I’m a mass of bruises, from head to toe!”
    “Och?” He drew back to look me over judiciously. “Well now, these I’ve apologized for,” touching my shoulder, “those,” slapping my rear lightly, “ye deserved, and I’ll not say I’m sorry for it, because I’m not.”
    “As for these,” he said, stroking my thigh, “I’ll not apologize for that, either. Ye paid me full measure already.” He rubbed his shoulder, grimacing. “Ye drew blood in at least two places, Sassenach, and my back stings like holy hell.”
    “Well, bed with a vixen…” I said, grinning. “You won’t get an apology for that.” He laughed in response and pulled me on top of him.
    “I didna say I wanted an apology, did I? If I recall aright, what I said was ‘Bite me again.’ ”

Not really a theme, this week. I'm rereading in preparation for the new episodes, and this is where I am -- and still among my favorite parts. Claire may think she made her choice at Craigh na Dun, but I think she had already really made it when she took Jamie's ring.

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, March 13, 2015 -- Rita, 04:22:11 03/13/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "Return to Leoch". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I returned only slowly to myself, lying half on Jamie’s breast, sweated bodies still glued together, thigh to thigh. He breathed heavily, eyes closed. I could hear his heart under my ear, beating with the preternaturally slow and powerful rhythm that follows climax.
    He felt me wake, and drew me close, as though to preserve a moment longer the union we had reached in those last seconds of our perilous joining. I curled beside him, putting my arms around him.
    He opened his eyes then and sighed, the long mouth curling in a faint smile as his glance met mine. I raised my brows in silent question.
    “Oh, aye, Sassenach,” he answered a bit ruefully. “I am your master…and you’re mine. Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own.” He turned me on my side and curled his body around me. The room was cooling in the evening breeze from the window, and he reached to draw a quilt over us. You’re too quick by half, lad, I thought drowsily to myself. Frank never did find that out. I fell asleep with his arms locked hard around me and his breathing warm in my ear.

Replies:

• Jamie's alive -- isisgms (Oh dear), 01:45:14 03/13/15 Fri
    I found the Outlander series on Starz online the other night, but now I've seen Jamie walking and talking it's made me want him even more - and it's like asking for the moon. Sometimes I wish he'd go away. I've never been affected by any fictional character in my life like this before. Enjoyable but painful at the same time! What am I like!!

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, March 12, 2015 -- Rita, 04:36:47 03/12/15 Thu

“Go ahead,” he said, a moment later. “Open it. It’s yours.”
    The outlines of the little package blurred under my fingers. I blinked and sniffed, but made no move to open it. “I’m sorry,” I said.
    “Well, so ye should be, Sassenach,” he said, but his voice was no longer angry. Reaching, he took the package from my lap and tore away the wrapping, revealing a wide silver band, decorated in the Highland interlace style, a small and delicate Jacobean thistle bloom carved in the center of each link.
    So much I saw, and then my eyes blurred again.
    I found a handkerchief thrust into my hand, and did my best to stanch the flow with it. “It’s…beautiful,” I said, clearing my throat and dabbling at my eyes.
    “Will ye wear it, Claire?” His voice was gentle now, and his use of my name, mostly reserved for occasions of formality or tenderness, nearly made me break down again.

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, March 11, 2015 -- Rita, 03:52:55 03/11/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter ##: "Text". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Aye. That’s what marriage is good for; it makes a sacrament out of things ye’d otherwise have to confess.”
    I collapsed again.
    “Oh, Jamie, I do love you!”
    This time it was his turn to laugh. He doubled over, then sat down at the roadside, fizzing with mirth. He slowly fell over backward and lay in the long grass, wheezing and choking.
    “What on earth is the matter with you?” I demanded, staring at him. At long last, he sat up, wiping his streaming eyes. He shook his head, gasping.
    “Murtagh was right about women. Sassenach, I risked my life for ye, committing theft, arson, assault, and murder into the bargain. In return for which ye call me names, insult my manhood, kick me in the ballocks and claw my face. Then I beat you half to death and tell ye all the most humiliating things have ever happened to me, and you say ye love me.” He laid his head on his knees and laughed some more. Finally he rose and held out a hand to me, wiping his eyes with the other.
    “You’re no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let’s go.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, March 10, 2015 -- Rita, 04:00:01 03/10/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 22: "Reckonings". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jack Randall, so like and so horribly unlike Frank. His touch on my breasts had suddenly forged a link between my old life and this one, bringing my separate realities together with a bang like a thunderclap. And then there was Jamie: his face, stark with fear in the window of Randall’s room, contorted with rage by the roadside, tight with pain at my insults.
    Jamie. Jamie was real, all right, more real than anything had ever been to me, even Frank and my life in 1945. Jamie, tender lover and perfidious black-guard.
    Perhaps that was part of the problem. Jamie filled my senses so completely that his surroundings seemed almost irrelevant. But I could no longer afford to ignore them. My recklessness had almost killed him this afternoon, and my stomach turned over at the thought of losing him. I sat up suddenly, intending to go and wake him to tell him to come to bed with me. As my weight fell full on the results of his handiwork, I just as suddenly changed my mind and flounced angrily back onto my stomach.

========================

I always found interesting that this realization happens a few hours after she made her run for Craigh na Dun.

Last edited by author: Tue March 10, 2015 04:20:45   Edited 2 times.

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, March 9, 2015 -- Rita, 03:40:19 03/09/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 22: "Reckonings". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“You barbarian! You…you sadist!” I hissed furiously. “You’re doing this for your own pleasure! I’ll never forgive you for this!” Jamie paused, twisting the belt.
    He replied levelly, “I dinna know what’s a sadist. And if I forgive you for this afternoon, I reckon you’ll forgive me, too, as soon as ye can sit down again.”
    “As for my pleasure…” His lip twitched. “I said I would have to punish you. I did not say I wasna going to enjoy it.” He crooked a finger at me.
    “Come here.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, March 8, 2015 -- Rita, 16:20:54 03/07/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 21: "Un Mauvais Quert d'Heure after Another". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“You saw that post in the yard of the fort?” I nodded shortly.
    “Well, I was tied to that post, tied like an animal, and whipped ’til my blood ran! I’ll carry the scars from it ’til I die. If I’d not been lucky as the devil this afternoon, that’s the least as would have happened to me. Likely they’d have flogged me, then hanged me.” He swallowed hard, and went on.
    “I knew that, and I didna hesitate for one second to go into that place after you, even thinking that Dougal might be right! Do ye know where I got the gun I used?” I shook my head numbly, my own anger beginning to fade. “I killed a guard near the wall. He fired at me; that’s why it was empty. He missed and I killed him wi’ my dirk; left it sticking in his wishbone when I heard you cry out. I would have killed a dozen men to get to you, Claire.” His voice cracked.
    “And when ye screamed, I went to you, armed wi’ nothing but an empty gun and my two hands.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, March 7, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 18:41:30 03/06/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 95, NUMBNESS, Copyright © 2009 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Claire?” he said, a question in his voice.

I stopped, hand on the doorknob, feeling quite queer; he’d never called me by my name before. It took a small effort to look over my shoulder at him, but when I did, I found him smiling.

“Think of the deer,” he said gently. “My dear.”

I nodded, wordless, and made my escape. Only later, after I had washed---vigorously---dressed, and had a restorative cup of tea with brandy in it, did I make sense of this last remark.

Its coming is a gift,he’d said of the white deer, which I accept with gratitude.

If you appreciate Quote of the Day, give your quoters a hug!

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, March 6, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:19:32 03/05/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 63, Moment of Decision , Copyright © 2005 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

Then some sound turned me toward the window and I saw the man who stood there. I had no name for him, and yet I loved him. He stood with his back turned to the bed, arms braced on the sill, and his head sunk on his chest, so the dawn light glowed red on his hair and traced his arms with gold. A spasm of grief shook him; I felt it, like the temblors of a distant quake.

Someone moved near him. A dark-haired woman, a girl. She came close, touched his back, murmuring something to him. I saw the way she looked at him, the tender inclination of her head, the intimacy of body swaying toward him.

No, I thought, with great calm. That won’t do.

I looked once more at myself lying on the bed, and with a feeling that was at once firm decision and incalculable regret, I took another breath.

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, March 5, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:57:33 03/04/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 58, Happy Birthday to You, Copyright © 2001 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“This is a morning my father never saw,” Jamie said, still so softly that I heard it as much through the walls of his chest, as with my ears. “The world and each day in it is a gift, mo chridhe---no matter what tomorrow may be.”

I sighed deeply and turned my head, to rest my cheek against his chest. He reached over gently and wiped my nose with a fold of his shirt.

“As for taking stock,” he added practically, “I’ve all my teeth, none of parts are missing, and my cock still stands up by itself in the morning. It could be worse.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, March 4, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:26:44 03/03/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 40, Virgin Sacrifice, Copyright © 1997 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Go on!” she whispered.

One sharp hard thrust, and he possessed her.

He stayed that way, eyes closed, breathing. Balanced on an edge of pleasure sharp enough to cause him pain. Dimly he wondered if the pain he felt was hers.

“Roger?”

“Ah?”

“Are you . . . really big, do you think?” Her voice was slightly tremulous.

“Ah . . .” He groped for remnants of coherence. “About the usual.” A flash of concern penetrated the feelings of drunkenness. “Am I hurting you a lot?”

“N-no, not exactly. Just . . . can you not move for a minute?”

“A minute, an hour. All my life, if you want.” He thought it would kill him not to move, and would have died gladly.

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, March 3, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:05:22 03/02/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 25, House of Joy, Copyright © 1994 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“I have burned for you for twenty years, Sassenach,” he said softly. “Do ye not know that? Jesus!” The breeze stirred the loose wisps of hair around his face, and he brushed them back impatiently.

“But I’m no the man ye knew, twenty years past, am I?” He turned away, with a gesture of frustration. “We know each other now less than we did when we wed.”

“Do you want me to go?” The blood was pounding thickly in my ears.

“No!” He swung quickly toward me, and gripped my shoulder tightly, making me pull back involuntarily. “No,” he said, more quietly. “I dinna want ye to go. I told you so and I meant it. But . . . I must know.” He bent his head toward me, his face alive with troubled question.

“Do ye want me?” he whispered. “Sassenach, will ye take me---and risk the man that I am, for the sake of the man ye knew?”

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, March 2, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:34:57 03/01/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 28, The Coming of the Light, Copyright © 1992 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“She was perfect,” I said softly, as though to myself. “So small. I could cup her head in the palm of my hand. Her ears stuck out just a little—I could see the light shine through them.”

The light had shone through her skin as well, glowing in the roundness of cheek and buttock with the light that pearls have; still and cool, with the strange touch of the water world still on them.

“Mother Hildegarde wrapped her in a length of white satin,” I said, looking down at my fists, clenched in my lap. “Her eyes were closed. She hadn’t any lashes yet, but her eyes were slanted. I said they were like yours, but they said all babies’ eyes are like that.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, March 1, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:09:48 02/28/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 1, A New Beginning, Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“He acted at first as though he didn’t hear me, and I thought perhaps he didn’t, over the noise of the wind, so I repeated myself, and I reached out to tap his shoulder, to get his attention, you know. But before I could touch him, he whirled suddenly round and pushed past me and walked off down the road”.

“Sounds a bit rude, but not very ghostly,” I observed, draining my glass. “What did he look like?”

“Big chap,” said Frank, frowning in recollection. “And a Scot, in complete Highland rig-out, complete to sporran and the beautiful running-stag brooch on his plaid. I wanted to ask where he’d got it from, but he was off before I could.”

Back by popular demand (well, one person liked it last time I did it! LOL!), the theme for the week is one quote from each of the first seven books.

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Saturday, February 28, 2015 -- Happiapple, 20:06:36 02/27/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 3: "The Man in the Wood". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I turned the rag around distastefully.
    "I can't use this," I complained. "It's filthy."
    Without seeing him move, I found the big man gripping my shoulder, his dark eyes an inch from mine. "Do it," he said.
    Freeing me with a push, he strode to the door and disappeared after his two henchmen. Feeling more than a little shaken, I turned to the task of bandaging the bullet wound as best I could. The thought of using the grimy neckrag was something my medical training wouldn't let me contemplate. I tried to bury my confusion and terror in the task of trying to find something more suitable, and, after a quick and futile search through the pile of rags, finally settled on strips of rayon torn from the hem of my slip. While hardly sterile, it was by far the cleanest material at hand.

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Happiapple, 03:32:26 02/27/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 22: "All Hallows Ever". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Two golden guineas, six sovereigns, twenty-three shillings, eighteen florins ninepence, ten halfpence, and ... twelve farthings." Roger dropped the last coin on the tinkling pile, then dug into his shirt pocket, lean face absorbed as he searched. "Oh, here." He brought out a small plastic bag and poured our a handful of tiny copper coins into a pile alongside the other money.
    "Doits," he explained. "The smallest denomination of Scotland coinage of the time, I got as many as I could, because that's likely what you'd use most of the time. You wouldn't use the large coins unless you had to buy a horse or something."
    "I know." I picked up a couple of sovereigns and tilted them in my hand, letting them clink together. They were heavy--gold coins, nearly an inch in diameter. It had taken Roger and Bree four days in London, going from one rare-coin dealer to the next, to assemble the small fortune gleaming in the lamplight before me.

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Thursday, February 26, 2015 -- Happiapple, 20:28:18 02/25/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 30: "Into Thin Air". Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Tucked in the last corner was a jewelry box, a small but substantial container. Inside were several rings, brooches, and sets of earrings. The cairngorm brooch he had given her for her birthday was there. Necklaces and chains. Two things weren't.
    The silver bracelet he had given her--and her grandmother's pearls.
    "Jesus bloody Christ." He looked again, just to be sure, dumping out the glittering junk and spreading it on his counterpane. No pearls. Certainly no string of baroque Scottish pearls, spaced with antique gold roundels.
    She couldn't be wearing them, not to an engineering conference in Sri Lanka. The pearls were an heirloom to her, not an ornament. She seldom wore them. They were her link with--

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Wednesday, February 25, 2015 -- Happiapple, 20:00:34 02/24/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 24: "A. Malcolm, Printer". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I looked up at his face; it was absolutely blank with shock. He held the pictures close to his chest, unmoving, wide-eyed and staring as though he had just been transfixed by a crossbow bolt through the heart--as I supposed he had.
    "Your daughter sent you this," I said. I turned his blank face toward me and gently kissed him on the mouth. That broke the trance; he blinked and his face came to life again.

Replies:

• No quotes next week or the week after! -- Judie, 09:07:08 02/24/15 Tue
    No, the boards aren't closing. We just don't have anyone signed up to do quotes.

:D

Help!

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Tuesday, February 24, 2015 -- Happiapple, 20:41:21 02/23/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 44: "Three-Cornered Conversation". Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ." The worn gold wedding band sparked in the sun, and my hand closed reflexively over it. It was warm from being carried next to her skin, but I felt a deep coldness seep into my fingers.

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Monday, February 23, 2015 -- Happiapple, 20:39:10 02/22/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 24: "By the Pricking of My Thumbs". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

For I hadn't stood frozen at the revelation of Geilie's pregnancy. It was something else I had seen that chilled me to the marrow of my bones. As Geilie had spun, white arms stretched aloft, I saw what she had seen when my own clothes were stripped away. A mark on one arm like the one I bore. Here, in this time, the mark of sorcery, the mark of a magus. The small, homely scar of a smallpox vaccination.

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Sunday, February 22, 2015 -- Happiapple, 21:18:34 02/21/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 24: "A. Malcolm, Printer". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I swallowed the last rich, sweet bite of my old life, and crumpled the wrapper in my hand. I glanced around, but no one was looking in my direction. I opened my hand, and let the bit of plastic film fall surreptitiously to the ground. Wadded up, it rolled a few inches on the cobbles, crinkling and unfolding itself as though alive. The light wind caught it, and the small transparent sheet took sudden wing, scudding over the gray stones like a leaf.
    The draft of a set of passing wheels sucked it under a drayman's cart; it winked once with reflected light, and was gone, disappearing without notice from the passersby. I wondered whether my own anachronistic presence would cause as little harm.

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, February 21, 2015 -- The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 137: "In The Wilderness a Lodging Place". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- swarl, 18:13:41 02/20/15 Fri
    “I’ve brought ye home, Sassenach,” he said, his voice a little husky. “It willna be the same – and I canna say how things will be now – but I’ve kept my word.”
    My throat was so choked that I could barely whisper “Thank you.” We stood for a long moment, clasped tight together, summoning up the strength to go around that last corner and look at what had been, and what might be.
    Something brushed the hem of my skirt, and I looked down, expecting that a late cone from the big spruce we were standing by had fallen.
    A large gray cat looked up at me with big, calm eyes of celadon green and dropped a fat, hairy, very dead wood rat at my feet.
    “Oh ,God!” I said, and burst into tears.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, February 20, 2015 -- The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 62: "The Mule Dislikes You". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- swarl, 19:09:48 02/19/15 Thu
    “ …the teamster ducked and reached out, clearly intending to grab either the reins or Germain. The crowd around me had realized what was happening by now, and women started screaming. At this point, Clarence decided to become involved and, laying back his ears, curled his lips and snapped at the teamster’s face, coming within a toucher of taking off the man’s nose.
    “SHIT-ASS FUCKING MULE!!” Deeply inflamed, the teamster leapt at Clarence and fixed his teeth in the mule’s upper lip, clinging like grim death to his neck. Clarence screamed. The women screamed. Germain screamed.
    I didn't scream, because I couldn't breathe. I was elbowing my way through the crowd, fumbling for the slit in my skirt so I could reach my knife. Just as I laid my hand on the hilt, though, a hand came down on my shoulder, halting me in my tracks.
    “Pardon me, milady,” said Fergus, and, stepping purposefully past me, walked up beside the lunging mass of mule, teamster, and shrieking child and fired the pistol in his hand.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, February 19, 2015 -- The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 140: "Woman, Wilt Thou Lie With Me?". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved -- swarl, 05:07:58 02/19/15 Thu
    “D’ye no mean to eat that?” he inquired, coming up beside her stirrup.
    “I do,” she said calmly, “but all in good time.” She licked the substantial length of the warty green thing with a long, slow swipe of her tongue and then – holding his eyes – sucked deliberately on the end of it. He walked straight into a springy pine branch, which swiped him across the face with its needles.
    He swore, rubbing at his watering eyes. She was laughing!
    “Ye did that on purpose, Rachel Murray!”
    “Is thee accusing me of propelling thee into a tree?” she inquired, arching one brow. “Thee is an experienced Indian scout, or so I was led to believe. Surely one of those should look where he’s going.”
    She had pulled Clarence to a stop – Clarence was always agreeable to stopping, particularly if there was anything edible in sight – and sat there smiling at Ian, cheeky as a monkey.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, February 18, 2015 -- The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 57: "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- swarl, 18:45:44 02/17/15 Tue

“So it was me that was virgin on our wedding night.”
    Ian hadn't thought he’d moved, but Rollo jerked his head up and looked at him, startled. Ian cleared his throat.
    “Oh, Aye?”
    “Aye,” said his uncle, wry as a lemon. “And I was given any amount of advice beforehand, too, by my uncle Dougal and his men.”
    Dougal MacKenzie had died before Ian was born, but he’d heard a good bit about the man, one way and another. His mouth twitched.
    “Would ye care to pass on any of it?”
    “God, no” Jamie stood up and brushed bits of bark from the tails of his coat. “I think ye already ken ye should be gentle about it, aye?” . . . . . .
    As Jamie reached the edge of the clearing, Ian called after him,
    “Uncle Jamie!”
    Jamie turned to look over his shoulder.
    “Aye?”
    “And was she gentle with ye?”
    “God, no, “ Jamie said, and grinned broadly.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, February 17, 2015 -- Swarl, The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 23: In Which Mrs Figg Takes a Hand. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- swarl, 05:18:26 02/17/15 Tue
    “… Mrs Mortimer Figg, if it’s any of your business, and I doubt that.”
    “So do I,” Jamie assured her, not sitting down. The duke, he saw, had. “Mrs. Figg, as I said to ye downstairs, I’ve come for my wife and nothing more. If ye’ll tell me where she is, I’ll leave ye to your business. Whatever that may be,” he added with a glance at Pardloe.
    Your wife,” Mrs Figg repeated, and the barrel swiveled toward him. “Well, now. I’m thinking that perhaps you ought just to sit down and wait until his lordship comes and we see what he has to say about all this.”
    “Dinna be daft, Jerusha,” said Jenny, rather impatiently. “Ye ken Claire’s my brother’s wife; she told ye that herself.”
    “Claire?” exclaimed Pardloe, standing up again. He had been drinking from the decanter and still held it carelessly in one hand. “My brother”s wife?”
    “She’s no such thing,” Jamie said crossly. “She’s mine, and I’ll thank someone to tell me where the devil she is.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, February 16, 2015 -- This week I wanted to post a few of the different minor characters that make the books sparkle with humor. Sorry to be late. again!!! -- swarl, 05:53:11 02/16/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "In Which Mrs. Figg Takes a Hand". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Jamie got his hand under the gun just as it went off in a puff of black smoke, the crack of the firing simultaneous with the explosion of a china figure on the mantelpiece.
    Pardloe sat frozen for an instant, then – very carefully – reached up and removed a large shard of porcelain from his hair.
    “Mr. Fraser,” he said, in a voice that was almost steady, “Your servant, sir.”
    “Your most obedient, Your Grace, “ Jamie replied, suffering an insane urge to laugh, and kept from it only by the sure knowledge that his sister would immediately reload and shoot him at point-blank range if he did. “I see ye’re acquainted with my sister, Mrs. Murray."
    “Your - - dear lord, she is.” Parloe’s eyes had flicked back and forth between their faces, and he now drew a long, slow breath. "Is your entire family given to irascibility?”
    “We are, Your Grace, and I thank ye for the compliment,” Jamie said, and laid a hand on Jenny’s back.”

Replies:

• • QOTD for Sunday, February 15, 2015 -- The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 6: "Under My Protection". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- swarl, 19:03:52 02/14/15 Sat
    “Drink. . . that,” I managed, “and keep breathing.” Slamming the door of the chair, I dropped the locking pin into its slot with an instant’s satisfaction and straightened up to find Fergus’s eldest son, Germain, standing by my side.
    “Have ye got a bit of trouble started again,Grand-mére?” he asked, unperturbed by the stones – now augmented with clumps of fresh manure – whizzing past our heads.
    “You might say so, yes,” I said. “Don't - -“
    But before I could speak further, he turned round and bellowed at the crowd, in a surprisingly loud voice, THIS’S MY GRANNIE. You touch ONE HAIR on her head and— . . . And I’ll do you BROWN!” Germain yelled.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, February 14, 2015 -- Rita, 17:10:10 02/13/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 126: "The Oglethorpe Plan". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Well done, Sassenach!” Jamie picked up a small jar of honey, taken in payment for a nastily impacted wisdom tooth. He loved honey. I’d also acquired two large speckled turkey eggs (one of them filled the entire palm of my hand), a loaf of reasonably fresh sourdough bread, six pennies, and a small silver Spanish coin.
    “I think ye could support the family all on your own, a nighean,” he said, dipping a finger in the honey and licking it before I could stop him. “Ian and Fergus and I can all retire and become gentlemen of leisure.”
    “Good. You can start by making supper,” I said, stretching my back. Stays did keep you upright through a long day’s work, but I was looking forward to taking them off, eating supper, and lying down, in quick succession.
    “Of course, Sassenach.” With a small flourish, he drew the knife from his belt, cut a slice off the loaf, drizzled honey on it, and gave it to me. “There ye are.”
    I raised an eyebrow at him but bit into it. Sweetness flooded my mouth and my bloodstream simultaneously, and I tasted sunlight and flowers. I moaned.
    “What did ye say, Sassenach?” He was busily buttering another slice.
    “I said, ‘Well done,’ ” I said, and picked up the pot of honey. “We’ll make a cook of you yet.”

Being Valentine's day, I had intended to post something more romantic in the traditional way, but then this one went well with my "role reversal" theme, and what's more romantic than seeing Jamie and Claire, 40 years on and still enjoying each other in the most mundane of moments... :)

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, February 13, 2015 -- Rita, 19:30:56 02/12/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 87: "Moonrise". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Sassenach? Are ye all right?” A segment of the darkness on the floor moved suddenly and resolved itself into a Jamie-shaped shadow.
    “Yes. Are you?”
    That got me the breath of a laugh.
    “I’ll do, Sassenach,” he said softly, and I heard the rustle of his movement as he got his feet under him. “I’m glad ye feel well enough to ask. D’ye need water?”
    “Er … rather the opposite, really,” I said.
    “Oh? Oh.” He stooped, a pale blur in his shirt, to reach under the bed. “D’ye need help?”
    “If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have waked you up,” I said, a little testily. “I didn’t think I could wait for Mrs. Macken or Dottie, though.” He snorted a little and got me under the arms, lifting me into a sitting position.
    “Now, then,” he murmured. “It’s no like ye’ve not done this—and a good many worse things—for me.”
    While this was true, it didn’t make matters easier.
    “You can let go now,” I said. “Perhaps leave the room?”
    “Perhaps not,” he said, still mildly, but with a tone indicating that his mind was made up on the subject. “If I let go, ye’ll fall on your face, and ye ken that perfectly well, so stop talkin’ and be about your business now, aye?”

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, February 12, 2015 -- Rita, 18:40:05 02/11/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from A Breath Of Snow And Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 66: "The Dark Rises". Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“What in the name of God possessed ye, Sassenach?” Jamie jerked back the quilt and gestured peremptorily at the sheets.
    “Well, I felt quite well, and—”
    “Well! Ye’re the color of bad buttermilk, and trembling so ye can scarcely—here, let me do that.” Making snorting noises, he pushed my hands away from the laces of my petticoats, and had them off me in a trice.
    “Have ye lost your mind?” he demanded. “And to sneak off like that without telling anyone, too! What if ye’d fallen? What if ye got ill again?”
    “If I’d told anyone, they wouldn’t have let me go out,” I said mildly. “And I am a physician, you know. Surely I can judge my own state of health.”
    He gave me a look, strongly suggesting that he wouldn’t trust me to judge a flower show, but merely gave a louder than usual snort in reply.
    He then picked me up bodily, carried me to the bed, and placed me gently into it—but with enough demonstration of restrained strength as to let me know that he would have preferred to drop me from a height.
    He then straightened up, giving me a baleful look.
    “If ye didna look as though ye were about to faint, Sassenach, I swear I would turn ye over and smack your bum for ye.”
    “You can’t,” I said, rather faintly. “I haven’t got one.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, February 11, 2015 -- Rita, 17:29:20 02/10/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from A Breath Of Snow And Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 29: "Perfectly Fine". Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

It hadn’t troubled Fraser. But then, Fraser had ceased even to think of the bandits, directly they were dead; all his thought had been for Claire, and that was surely understandable.
    He’d led her through the morning light in that clearing, a blood-soaked Adam, a battered Eve, looking upon the knowledge of good and evil. And then he had wrapped her in his plaid, picked her up, and walked away to his horse.

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, February 10, 2015 -- Rita, 16:43:43 02/09/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 56: "Turtle Soup". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jamie was unmoved by contemplation of Fergus’s tender state.
    “Aye, well, he’ll be wed a long time,” he said callously. “Do him no harm to keep his breeches on for one night. And they do say that abstinence makes the heart grow firmer, no?”
    “Absence,” I said, dodging the spoon for a moment. “And fonder. If anything’s growing firmer from abstinence, it wouldn’t be his heart.”
    “That’s verra bawdy talk for a respectable marrit woman,” Jamie said reprovingly, sticking the spoon in my mouth. “And inconsiderate, forbye.”
    I swallowed. “Inconsiderate?”
    “I’m a wee bit firm myself at the moment,” he replied evenly, dipping and spooning. “What wi’ you sitting there wi’ your hair loose and your nipples starin’ me in the eye, the size of cherries.”
    I glanced down involuntarily, and the next spoonful bumped my nose. Jamie clicked his tongue, and picking up a cloth, briskly blotted my bosom with it. It was quite true that my shift was made of thin cotton, and even when dry, reasonably easy to see through.
    “It’s not as though you haven’t seen them before,” I said, amused.
    He laid down the cloth and raised his brows.
    “I have drunk water every day since I was weaned,” he pointed out. “It doesna mean I canna be thirsty, still.” He picked up the spoon. “You’ll have a wee bit more?”
    “No, thanks,” I said, dodging the oncoming spoon. “I want to hear more about this firmness of yours.”

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, February 9, 2015 -- Rita, 16:51:21 02/08/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 28: "The Coming of the Light". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Claire,” he whispered. “Please. Let me give ye comfort.”
    “Comfort?” I said. “And how will you do that? Can you give me back my child?”
    He sank to his knees before me, but I kept my head down, staring into my upturned hands, laid empty on my lap. I felt his movement as he reached to touch me, hesitated, drew back, reached again.
    “No,” he said, his voice scarcely audible. “No, I canna do that. But…with the grace of God…I might give ye another?”
    His hand hovered over mine, close enough that I felt the warmth of his skin. I felt other things as well: the grief that he held tight under rein, the anger and the fear that choked him, and the courage that made him speak in spite of it. I gathered my own courage around me, a flimsy substitute for the thick gray shroud. Then I took his hand and lifted my head, and looked full into the face of the sun.

Replies:

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

. .
    Quoters for the upcoming weeks:

Week of March 8 - Rita
    Week of March 15 - CarolSR
    Week of March 22 - LisaW
    Week of March 29 - kgp
    Week of April 5 -
    Week of April 12 -
    Week of April 19 -
    Week of April 26 -

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.