VoyForums

Monday, October 18, 09:52:08pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Books Board

Here we have the Quote of the Day and book discussions. Please click HERE to learn more about Quote of the Day.
When discussing the books please keep a few guidelines in mind. Thank you.
Also, the ladies who post QOTD put a lot of love into their posts, so your interaction is highly appreciated. :)

If you have not yet read the first 8 novels, The Companion/Through The Stones, ALL the Lord John books or her short stories,
chances are you are going to encounter messages and/or QOTD passages that will contain "spoilers" in them.

Discussions regarding Diana's "in progress" works are NOT posted here.

For those who are interested in reading some of Herself's thoughts in her own words,
here is a link to her folder at the Books and Writers Community at: Compuserve.
Herself's blog: Diana Gabaldon's Blog. Diana on social media:Facebook and Twitter. Herself's YouTube channel: Voyagesoftheartemis' Channel.

How can YOU support the Ladies of Lallybroch?
Click here to find out.

Social Board and QOTD The Kirk New Releases and Starz Outlander Series Board Ladies of Lallybroch Home Page
Need Help?
LoL FAQ/Voy Tips!/HTML Practice Board

Contact Forum Admin

• QOTD for Wednesday, December 2, 2015 Quote taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 24, By the Pricking of My Thumbs. Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- SusiQ, 19:55:55 12/01/15 Tue

"Mo duinne," he said softly, "But now I should say mo airgeadach. My silver one. Your hair is silver-gilt and your skin is white velvet. Calman geal. White dove."
    I pessed my hips back against him, inviting, and settled against him with a sigh as his solid hardness filled me. He held me against his chest and moved with me, slowly, deeply, I gasped a little and he slackened his hold.

My, my. Both men love that white velvet skin.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, December 1, 2015 Quote taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 16, One Fine Day. Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- SusiQ, 04:12:17 12/01/15 Tue

"Rather a dull color, brown, I've always thought, " I said practically, trying to delay things a bit. I kept having the feeling of being whirled along much faster than I intended.
    Jamie shook his head, still smiling.
    "No, I'd not say that, Sassenach. Not dull at all." He lifted the mass of my hair with both hands and fanned it out. "It's like the water in a burn, where it ruffles over the stones. Dark in the wavy spots with bits of silver on the surface where the sun catches it."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, November 29 2015 Quote taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 1, A New Beginning. Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- SusiQ, 06:44:42 11/29/15 Sun
    "I like everything about you," he said huskily. "You look wonderful by candlelight, you know. Your eyes are like sherry in crystal, and your skin glows like ivory. A candlelight witch, you are. Perhaps I should disconnect the lamps permanently."

Sorry I'm late. It's been out with the pumpkins and in with the candy canes.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, November 28, 2015 -- CarolSR, 15:20:10 11/27/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright© 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Inga and Hilda had begun arguing with each other in German, allowing Brianna to devote herself to the wholehearted consumption of the excellent supper. Hungry as she was, she would have enjoyed almost anything, but the tart, crisp sauerkraut and the sausages, bursting with juice and spices, were a rare treat. It was only as she wiped the last of the juice and grease from her wooden plate with a chunk of corn bread that she glanced at the cooper’s shop, thinking guiltily that she ought perhaps to have saved some for Roger.”

Holiday Question #7 - Did you go shopping on Black Friday?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, November 30, 2015 Quote taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 2, Standing Stones. Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- SusiQ, 19:32:04 11/29/15 Sun

At last he had the dress laid open from neck to waist. "Ah," he said again, in yet another tone. "Like white velvet." He spoke hoarsely, and his hair had fallen forward again, but he made no attempt to brush it back.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, November 27, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:08:26 11/26/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright© 2001 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"What a thing," he said. He held it at arm's length to drain, admiring the vivid reds and blues of the bare, warty head and dangling wattle. "I don't think I've ever seen one, save roasted on a platter, with chestnut dressing and roast potatoes." He looked from the turkey to her with great respect, and nodded at the gun. "That's great shooting, Bree."

HOLIDAY QUESTION #6 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DESSERT?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, November 26, 2015 -- CarolSR, 15:24:20 11/25/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright© 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Food was beginning to be brought out: tureens of powsowdie and hotchpotch-an enormous tub of soup a la Reine, a clear compliment to the guest of honor-platters of fried fish, fried chicken, fried rabbit; venison collops in red wine, Smoked sausages, forfar bridies, inky-pinky, roast turkeys, pigeon pie; dishes of colcannon, stovies, turnip purry, roasted apples stuffed with dried pumpkin, squash, corn, mushroom pasties; gigantic baskets overflowing with fresh baps, rolls, and other breads…all this, I was well aware, merely as prelude to the barbecue whose succulent aroma was drifting through the air: a number of hogs, three or four beeves, two deer, and the piece de resistance, a wood bison, acquired God knew how or where.”

HAPPY THANKSGIVING USA LALLYPALS!

HOLIDAY QUESTION #5 = "WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR TODAY?"

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, November 25, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:25:24 11/24/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright© 2001 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Can ye not decide where to begin, Sassenach?" He reached down and took the empty wineglass from her hand, taking advantage of the movement to come close against her back, feeling the warmth of her through his clothes. She laughed, and swayed back against him, leaning on his arm. She smelled faintly of rice powder and warm skin, with the scent of rose hips in her hair. "I'm not even terribly hungry. I was just counting the jellies and preserves. There are thirty-seven different ones--unless I've missed my count." He spared a glance for the table, which did indeed hold a bewildering array of silver dishes, porcelain bowls, and wooden platters, groaning with more food than would feed a Highland village for a month. “

HOLIDAY QUESTION #4 - Do you or your family have any Thanksgiving holiday traditions?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]
    . .
    Quoters for the upcoming weeks:

Week of January 17 - CarolSR
    Week of January 24 - Swarl
    Week of January 31 - CarolSR
    Week of February 7 - kgp
    Week of February 14 - LisaW
    Week of February 21 -
    Week of February 28 -

web counter
    web counter
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.