VoyForums

Sunday, October 24, 05:21:47pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

Books Board

Here we have the Quote of the Day and book discussions. Please click HERE to learn more about Quote of the Day.
When discussing the books please keep a few guidelines in mind. Thank you.
Also, the ladies who post QOTD put a lot of love into their posts, so your interaction is highly appreciated. :)

If you have not yet read the first 8 novels, The Companion/Through The Stones, ALL the Lord John books or her short stories,
chances are you are going to encounter messages and/or QOTD passages that will contain "spoilers" in them.

Discussions regarding Diana's "in progress" works are NOT posted here.

For those who are interested in reading some of Herself's thoughts in her own words,
here is a link to her folder at the Books and Writers Community at: Compuserve.
Herself's blog: Diana Gabaldon's Blog. Diana on social media:Facebook and Twitter. Herself's YouTube channel: Voyagesoftheartemis' Channel.

How can YOU support the Ladies of Lallybroch?
Click here to find out.

Social Board and QOTD The Kirk New Releases and Starz Outlander Series Board Ladies of Lallybroch Home Page
Need Help?
LoL FAQ/Voy Tips!/HTML Practice Board

Contact Forum Admin

• QOTD for Monday, November 23, 2015 -- CarolSR, 15:56:58 11/22/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Mrs. Fitz had excelled herself, and beamed in gratification at the compliments heaped upon the food, the drink, and other preparations. It was in fact delicious. I had never tasted roast pheasant stuffed with honeyed chestnuts and was helping myself to a third slice, when Ned Gowan, watching in some amusement at my appetite, asked whether I had yet tried the suckling pig.”

Today's holiday week question #2 - "Stuffing? Filling? White Bread? Corn Bread?, Oyster? What do you call it and how do you make it?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:18:08 11/23/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Go and tell everyone-it’s potatoes for supper!”
    And so with the assistance of Jenny, ten pails of milk from the dairy shed, 3 chickens caught from the coop, and four dozen large leeks from the kailyard, I presided over the preparation of cock-a-leekie soup and roasted potatoes for the laird and tenants of Lallybroch.”

HOLIDAY QUESTION #3
    What non-traditional foods are part of your celebration?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, November 22, 2015 -- CarolSR, 16:14:38 11/21/15 Sat
    Well, it's Thanksgiving week here in the US, so I thought we'd talk about food this week. Thanksgiving has always been a family time, a day for turkey and all the fixings, watching football, and falling into a food induced coma in front of the TV. :)

I think it will be a quiet week here on the boards, but each day I'll pose a question for some conversation.

"What is your favorite Thanksgiving/special holiday food?

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Some hae meat that canna eat,
    And some could eat that want it.
    We hae meat, and we can eat,
    And so may God be thankit. Amen."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, November 21, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:45:36 11/20/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 123 "RETURN OF THE NATIVE". Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"I could see when the fire took hold in the stairwell; there was a sudden strong
    glow in the upstairs windows, and shortly thereafter, I could see flames in the
    heart of the house.
       Snow began to fall, in thick, heavy, silent flakes. Within half an hour, the
    ground, trees, and bushes were dusted with white. The flames glowed red and
    gold, and the white snow reflected a soft reddish glow; the whole clearing
    seemed filled with the light of fire. "

Thanks everyone for stopping by this week! It is always my pleasure to look-up quotes, it is like a mini re-read. To all my US Lovely Lallys, a very Happy Thanksgiving, and to all the rest of my Lovely Lallys, Blessings to you and all those in your heart.

ps, Snow is Coming soon!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, November 20, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:58:19 11/19/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 99 "RADAR". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"They drove in silence for a little bit, and the snow made little scratchy
    noises on the windshield, like salt being shaken on the glass.
       "Mam and Mandy are gonna be pretty cold," Jem ventured.
       "Yeah, this'll be our last try today," Uncle Joe assured him. "Still got her?
    Mandy?"
       He hadn't been paying attention; he'd been thinking about the stone cir-
    cles. And the thing in the tunnel. And Daddy. His stomach hurt.
       "No," he said blankly. "No! I can't feel her!" The idea suddenly panicked
    him and he stiffened in his seat, pushing back with his feet. "Drive back!"
       "Right away, pal," Uncle Joe said, and made a U-turn right in the middle
    of the street. "Gloucester Street, Can you remember that name? We need to
    tell your mom, so she can work out the distance." "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, November 19, 2015 -- LisaW, 20:21:52 11/18/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 74 "SO ROMANTIC". Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "You, for one. You've just been done in the eye by a nineteen-year-old
    bigamist," I informed him.
       "What's a bigamiss?" Jem inquired.
       "A very large young lady," Roger said, taking a piece of buttered toast and
    thrusting it into Jem's mouth. "Here. Why don't ye take that, and ..." His voice
    died away as he realized that he couldn't send Jem outside.
       "Lizzie and the twins came round to Roger's last night, and he married her
    to Jo," I told Jamie. He blinked, water from melting snow on his lashes run-
    ning down his face.
       "I will be damned," he said. He took a long breath, then realized he was still
    covered with snow, and went to shake himself at the hearth, bits of snow falling
    into the fire with a sputter and hiss."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, November 18, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:55:17 11/17/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 31 "ORPHAN OF THE STORM". Copyright (c) 2001 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"The snow was falling faster now, still a dry, light snow, but beginning to stick
    in random patches. We should leave soon, I thought, before the storm grew
    worse. It seemed somehow wrong, though, simply to go, with no attempt to
    determine the fate of Fanny Beardsley.
       The whole situation seemed unreal. It was as though the woman had sud-
    denly vanished through some sorcery, leaving this small substitute in exchange.
    It reminded me bizarrely of the Scottish tales of changelings; fairy offspring left
    in the place of human babies. I couldn't fathom what the fairies could possibly
    want with Fanny Beardsley, though. "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, November 17, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:05:54 11/16/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 43 "Succession". Copyright (c) 2011 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" Bonnie lad . . .
       They'd brought down the Yule log to the house that after-
    noon, all the household taking part, the women bundled to the
    eyebrows, the men ruddy, flushed with labor, staggering,
    singing, dragging the monstrous log with ropes, it's rough skin
    packed with snow, a great furrow left where it passed, the snow
    plowed high on either side.
       Willie rode atop, screeching with excitement, clinging
    to the rope. Once back at the house, Isobel had tried to teach
    him to sing "Good King Wenceslas," but it was beyond him, and
    he dashed to and fro, into everything, until his grandmother de-
    clared that he would drive her to distraction and told Peggy to
    take him to the stable to help Jamie and Crusoe bring in the
    fresh-cut branches of pine and fir. "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, November 16, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:33:20 11/15/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 21 "NIGHT ON A SNOWY MOUNTAIN". Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"A clump of snow fell from the framework of our cage, landing on my
    head with a little plop! and making me start. The movement loosened more
    snow, which poured inward in a glittering cascade, dusting Jamie's head and
    shoulders with a fine white powder.
       His fingers were gripping my leg hard enough to leave bruises, but I
    didn't move or make a sound. A patch of snow had fallen from the lattice-
    work of hemlock branches, leaving numerous small spaces through which I
    could see out between the needles, peering over Jamie's shoulder. "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Quoters Needed -- Judie, 00:19:09 11/09/15 Mon
    Only this week and next with quoters lined up.

We just need 7 quoters to carry us through to the first week of January. :)

Judie

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, November 14, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 18:13:00 11/13/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 115 "The Raveled Sleeve of Care". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Ian rose and went to him swiftly, knelt on the floor beside the body of his dog, and laid a gentle hand on the big furry head. He didn’t say anything, or weep, but she heard the sound he made when he breathed, as of something tearing in his chest.

She got out of bed and came to Ian, kneeling beside him, arm about his waist, and she was weeping, quite without meaning to.

Mo chiù,” Ian said, running his hand lightly over the soft, thick fur. “Mo chuilean.” There was a catch in his voice when he said, “Beannachd leat, a charaid.” Goodbye, old friend.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, November 15, 2015 -- LisaW, 07:55:01 11/15/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 37 "Escape". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"I wondered what on earth he was up to, until I caught his eye. His glance
    flickered back and down, then back to the soldier, so fast that the soldier would
    assume him to have been listening with rapt attention all the time. Was Jamie in
    danger of falling from the saddle? Pretending to adjust my bonnet, I glanced
    casually over my shoulder in the direction he had indicated, and nearly froze
    with shock.
       Jamie was sitting upright, head bent to shadow his face. But blood was
    dripping gently from the tip of the stirrup under his foot, pocking the snow
    with gently steaming red pits. "

So sorry I am late! We went to see our friend's daughter in her high school play. I am always in awe of people who can be up on stage and do what they do, so well!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, November 13, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 05:16:43 11/13/15 Fri

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 3 "Keep Your Friends Close". Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

MacDonald was cursing freely, but I hadn’t attention to spare for him. Rollo was coming up the path toward the house, wolflike and sinister in the gloaming, but was acting so oddly that I was standing before conscious thought could bring me to my feet.
    The dog would run a few steps toward the house, circle once or twice as though unable to decide what to do next, then run back into the wood, turn, and run again toward the house, all the while whining with agitation, tail low and wavering.
    “Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ,” I said. “Bloody Timmy’s in the well!”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, November 12, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 19:29:23 11/11/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 109 "The Voice of Time". Copyright (c) 2001 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“You!” I said to Rollo. “I thought I’d never see you again!” Overcome with emotion, I rubbed his ears madly. He uttered a short bark and dropped to his forepaws, tail wagging equally madly.
    “Dog! Dog-dog! Here, dog!” Jemmy burst from the door of his own cabin, running as fast as his short legs would carry him, wet hair standing on end and face beaming. Rollo shot toward him, hitting him amidships and bowling him over in a flurry of squeals.
    I had at first feared that Rollo—who was, after all, half-wolf—saw Jemmy as prey, but it was immediately apparent that the two were merely engaged in mutually ecstatic play.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, November 11, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 03:49:21 11/11/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 10 "Jocasta". Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Rollo!” Ian glanced round for a makeshift weapon, seized the poker from the fireplace, and brandishing it above his head, made for the door.
    “Wait, Ian!” Jamie grabbed his nephew’s upraised arm. “Look.” A wide grin spread across his face, and he pointed to the border. The snapdragons parted, and a fine, fat skunk strolled into view, handsomely striped in black and white, and obviously feeling that all was right with his personal world.
    That’s a skunk?” Ian asked incredulously. “Why, that’s no but a bittie week stinkard like a polecat!” He wrinkled his nose, with an expression between amusement and disgust. “Phew! And here I thought it was a dangerous huge beastie!”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, November 9, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 04:05:33 11/09/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 15 "In Which Music Plays a Part". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Oh, hallo there, wee dog,” he said politely, and took a step forward, knuckles stretched out. Bouton raised the growl a few decibels, and he took a step back.
    “Oh, like that, is it?” Jamie said. He eyed the dog narrowly.
    “Think it over, laddie,” he advised, squinting down his long, straight nose. “I’m a damn sight bigger than you. I wouldna undertake any rash ventures, if I were you.”
    Bouton shifted his ground slightly, still making a noise like a distant Fokker.
    “Faster, too,” said Jamie, making a feint to one side. Bouton’s teeth snapped together a few inches from Jamie’s calf, and he stepped back hastily. Leaning back against the wall, he folded his arms and nodded down at the dog.
    “Well, you’ve a point there, I’ll admit. When it comes to teeth, ye’ve the edge on me, and no mistake.”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, November 10, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 19:50:26 11/09/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 32 “The Prodigal’s Return”. Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

As on all previous arrivals, our presence was heralded by the barking of a miscellaneous swarm of dogs, who galloped out of hedge and field and kailyard, yapping first with alarm, and then with joy.
    Young Ian dropped his reins and slid down into the furry sea of welcome, dropping into a crouch to greet the dogs who leapt on him and licked his face. He stood up smiling with a half-grown puppy in his arms, which he brought over to show me.
    “This is Jocky,” he said, holding up the squirming brown and white body. “He’s mine; Da gave him to me.”
    “Nice doggie,” I told Jocky, scratching his floppy ears. The dog barked and squirmed ecstatically, trying to lick me and Ian simultaneously.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, November 8, 2015 -- MaryC in KY, 04:02:48 11/08/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 26 "The Laird’s Return". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jamie meanwhile was slowly walking toward the dogs, one hand held out fistlike toward them. What had seemed a large pack was only four dogs: a small brownish rat-terrier, two ruffed and spotted shepherds, and a huge black and tan monster that could have stood in for the Hound of the Baskervilles with no questions asked.

This slavering creature stretched out a neck thicker than my waist and sniffed gently at the proffered knuckles. A tail like a ship’s cable beat back and forth with increasing fervor. Then it flung back its enormous head, baying with joy, and leaped on its master, knocking him flat in the road.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, November 7, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:19:41 11/06/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 107 "THE BURYING GROUND". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "Brian," she said. "I--"
       "A Dhia!" He went whiter than the harled plaster of the house below.
    "Ellen!"
       Astonishment deprived her of speech for an instant--long enough to hear
    light footsteps scrambling down the hill behind her.
       "Mam!" Jem called, breathless.
       Brian's glance turned up, behind her, and his mouth fell open at sight of
    Jem. Then a look of radiant joy suffused his face.
       "Willie!" he said. "A bhalaich! Mo bhalaich!" He looked back at Brianna
    and stretched out a trembling hand to her. "Mo ghraidh . . . mo chridhe . . ."
       "Brian," she said softly, her heart in her voice, filled with pity and love,
    unable to do anything but respond to the need of the soul that showed so
    clearly in his lovely eyes."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, November 6, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:08:44 11/05/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 17 "We Meet a Beggar". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"I had heard what he said to the plover he released. Though I had only a
    few words of Gaelic, I had heard the old salutation often enough to be familiar
    with it. 'God go with ye, Mother,' he had said.
       A young mother, dead in childbirth. And a child left behind. I touched his
    arm and he looked down at me.
       "How old were you?" I asked.
       He gave me a half-smile. "Eight," he answered. "Weaned, at least." "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, November 5, 2015 -- LisaW, 21:04:00 11/04/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 39 "To Ransom a Man's Soul". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" I had spent the hour in my chamber, hovering over my pool of reflection,
    conjuring memories. Of Black Jack Randall and of Frank, his six-times-great-
    grandson. Such very different men, but with such startling physical similarities.
       It tore me to think of Frank, to recall his face and voice, his mannerisms,
    his style of lovemaking. I had tried to obliterate him from my mind, once my
    choice was made in the circle of stone, but he was always there, a shadowy figure
    in the recesses of my mind."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, November 4, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:44:05 11/03/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 11 "The Torremolinos Gambit". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" He flung his arms about her, tight, and she held him tight as he jerked and
    shuddered, her hair in his face, her hands in his hair and the child between
    them, not knowing where any of the three of them began or ended.
       He came awake suddenly, panting and sweating, half-curled on his side
    beneath one of the benches in the cell. It was not yet quite light, but he
    could see the shapes of the men who lay near him, and hoped he had not
    cried out. He closed his eyes at once, but the dream was gone. He lay quite
    still, his heart slowing, and waited for the dawn. "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, November 3, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:52:55 11/02/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 16 "THE FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "All the time after ye left me, after Culloden--I was dead then, was I
    not?"
       "I thought you were. That's why I--oh." I took a deep, tremulous
    breath, and he nodded.
       "Two hundred years from now, I shall most certainly be dead, Sasse-
    nach," he said. He smiled crookedly. "Be it Indians, wild beasts, a plague,
    the hangman's rope, or only the blessing of auld age--I will be dead." "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, November 2, 2015 -- LisaW, 17:00:48 11/01/15 Sun
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 69 "A STAMPEDE OF BEAVERS". Copyright© 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "Are you afraid--when the dark comes on?" She'd felt that now and then; a
    moment of deep fear at twilight--a sense of abandonment and elemental loneli-
    ness as night rose from earth. A feeling that sometimes remained, even when
    she had gone inside the cabin, the bolted door secure behind her.
       "No," he said, frowning a little at her. "You are?"
       "Just a little," she said, waving it away. "Not all the time. Not now. But what
    is it about sleeping in the woods?"
       He sat up, and rocked back a little, big hands linked around one knee, thinking.
       "Aye, well . . ." he said slowly. "Sometimes I think of the auld tales--
    from Scotland, aye? And ones I've heard now and then, living wi' the
    Kahnyen'kehaka. About . . . things that may come upon a man while he sleeps.
    To lure away his soul." "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, October 31, 2015 -- kgp, 17:40:02 10/30/15 Fri

The following quotation is from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1994. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 24. A. Malcolm, Printer

“He flinched backward as though an electric spark had arced between us, and the calm expression shattered.

“You’re real,” he whispered.”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Watchng a rerun of O, where Frank is deciding what to do after Claire is missing. There is little Roger, and Frank gives him a look. Now from Leaf, we know that Frank is the one that send Jerry on his mission, as well as visited and saw R as a boy. F also knows more about Jerry's plane crashing but no pilot. 1) what did F think seeing R 2) did F ever put Jerry gone missing with TT 3) did F ever keep track of R as he grew up, esp since remained friends with Rev W?? -- Kel, 10:20:10 10/30/15 Fri
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, November 1, 2015 -- LisaW, 18:08:35 10/31/15 Sat
    The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 29 "To Grasp the Nettle". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

" "Aye." He rested his forehead against the stone, eyes closed. "And the
    light was gone, and the air failed them. And so they lay down in the dark to
    die." The tears made wet tracks through the dust on his cheeks. I brushed a
    hand beneath my own eyes, and took his free hand, carefully weaving my
    fingers with his.
       He turned to me, wordless, and the breath rushed from him as he pulled
    me hard against him. Our hands groped in the dying light of the setting sun,
    urgent in the touch of warmth, the reassurance of flesh, reminded by the hard-
    ness of the invisible bone beneath the skin, how short life is. "

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, October 30, 2015 -- kgp, 18:17:51 10/29/15 Thu
    The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 101. Redivivus

“There was another knock at the door, and John frowned at it.

“Not now,” he said. “Come back later.”

“Well, I would,” said a polite voice in a Scottish accent. “But there’s some urgency, ken?”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, October 29, 2015 -- kgp, 03:06:17 10/29/15 Thu
    The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 19. Ae Fond Kiss.

“Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ!” I blurted, leaping to my feet. “You!”

I took a step backward, stumbled over the basket, and nearly fell into the harbor, saved only by Tom Christie’s instinctive grab for my arm.

He jerked me away from the edge of the quay and I fell against his chest. He recoiled as though I were made of molten metal, then seized me in his arms, pressed me hard against himself, and kissed me with passionate abandon.

He broke off, peered into my face, and gasped, “You’re dead!”

Last edited by author: Fri October 30, 2015 12:16:23   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, October 28, 2015 (sorry I'm late) -- kgp, 06:06:58 10/28/15 Wed
    The following quotation is from A Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1992. All Rights reserved. I’ll fill in the chapter later.

“I followed the whisk of her disappearing skirts round the bend of the hall. The floor here was carpeted; if I didn’t hurry, I might lose her at an intersection, unable to hear from the footsteps which way she had gone. I put my head down, charged round the last corner, and crashed head-on into a man coming the other way.

He let out a startled “Whoof!” as I struck him amidships, and clutched me by the arms to keep upright as we swayed and staggered together.

“I’m sorry,” I began, breathlessly. “I thought you were – oh, Jesus H. fucking Christ!”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, October 27, 2015 -- kgp, 18:14:36 10/26/15 Mon
    The following quotation is from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 39. I Am The Resurrection

“Jemmy was wiggling as though a colony of ants had taken up residence in his breeches, an expression of agonized emergency on his face.

“I am the Resurrection and the life, saith the Lord; he that believeth in Me, though he were dead . . . rr-hm . . . yet shall he live – “ With the end in sight, Roger was making a gallant finish, forcing his voice past its limits, hoarser than ever and cracking on every other word, but firm and loud.

“Just a minute,” I hissed. ‘I’ll take you out in a – “

“No, Grannie! Look!

I followed his outthrust finger, and for a moment, thought he was pointing at his father. But he wasn’t.

Old Mrs. Wilson had opened her eyes.”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, October 26, 2015 -- kgp, 17:58:27 10/25/15 Sun
    The following quotation is from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2001. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 69. Hideous emergency

“Jamie’s face was the same, but where Brianna’s eyes were blank with shock, Jamie’s burned, holes charred black in the bone of his skull. He stood for a moment before Roger, then crossed himself, and said something very quietly in Gaelic. He drew the dirk from his side.

“I’ll hold him. Cut him down, lass.” Jamie handed the knife to Brianna, not looking at her, and stepping forward, took hold of the body round the middle, lifting slightly to take the strain off the rope.

Roger moaned.”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, October 25, 2015 -- kgp, 07:05:32 10/25/15 Sun
    The following Quotation is from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1997. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 2. InWhich we Meet a Ghost

” Ifrinn an Diabhuiil! A Dhia, thoir cobhair!”
    “Sacrѐe Vierge!”

My head snapped up. Everyone was shouting, and the horses, startled, were neighing and jerking frantically against their hobbles, making the wagon hop and lurch like a drunken beetle.

”Wuff!” Rollo said next to me.

“Jesus!” said Ian, goggling at the wagon. “Jesus Christ!

I swung in the direction he was looking, and screamed. A pale figure loomed out of the wagon bed, swaying with the wagon’s jerking. I had no time to see more before all hell broke loose.”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, October 24, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:00:21 10/23/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 111, AND YET GO OUT TO MEET IT, Copyright © 2001 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

Jamie’s hand still lay on mine. It tightened a little, and I glanced at him, but his eyes were still fixed somewhere past the dooryard; past the mountains, and the distant clouds. His grip tightened further, and I felt the edges of my ring press into my flesh.

“When the day shall come, that we do part,” he said softly, and turned to look at me, “if my last words are not, ‘I love you’---ye’ll ken it was because I didna have time.”
              I can’t do quotes from The Fiery Cross without including this one.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, October 23, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 16:44:27 10/22/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 46, Timor Mortis Conturbat Me, Copyright © 1992 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“I will find you,” he whispered in my ear. “I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you---then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest.”

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.

“Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”

I can’t do quotes from Dragonfly in Amber without including this one.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, October 22, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 16:31:52 10/21/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 53, THE FRENCHMAN’S GOLD, Copyright © 2001 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“I had one living child of each marriage.” Jocasta’s long fingers probed delicately, touching each ring in turn. “Clementina belonged to John Cameron; him I wed when I myself was little more than a child; I bore her at sixteen. Seonag was the daughter of Black Hugh---she was dark, like her sire but she had my brother Colum’s eyes.” She turned her own blind eyes toward Jamie, briefly, then bent her head back, touching the ring with three diamonds again.

“And then Morna, my last child. She was but sixteen when she died.”

The old woman’s face was bleak, but the line of her mouth softened, speaking the names of her vanished girls.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, October 21, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:09:14 10/20/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 40, DUNCAN’S SECRET, Copyright © 2001 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

He put an arm round my waist and swung me off my feet, turning round so that his back was to the house, screening me with his body. His long fingers deftly ruffled up the skirt of my gown, then the two petticoats beneath, and even more deftly, slid between my bare legs.

“Hush,” he murmured in my ear. “Ye dinna want folk to hear, do ye?” He set his teeth gently in the curve of my ear, and proceeded about his business in a workmanlike way, ignoring my intermittent---and admittedly rather feeble---struggles.

I was more than ready and he knew what he was doing. It didn’t take long. I dug my fingers into his arm, hard as an iron bar across my middle, arched backward for a moment of dizzying infinity, and then collapsed against him, twitching like a worm on the end of a hook. He made a deep chuckling sound, and let go of my ear.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Quote of the day for Sunday, October 18 -- Judie, 01:15:27 10/18/15 Sun
    Well, it seems we don't have anyone to do Quote of the Day this week? Or am I hallucinating? :)

If anyone wants this week, please let me know.. In the meantime, I'll post a quote:

-------------------------

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright © 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Ian opened one eye a slit.
    "Has anyone ever told you what a comical fellow ye are, Uncle Jamie?"
    "No."
    Ian closed the eye.
    "That's as well, because ye’re not."

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, October 20, 2015 -- Lady Linda, 17:20:05 10/19/15 Mon
    The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 14, HAPPY THE BRIDE THE MOON SHINES ON, Copyright © 2001 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Why Grand-pere is making faces?”

“We’re verra happy,” Jamie explained, expression still fixed in a rictus of amiability.

“Oh.” Germain at once stretched his own extraordinary mobile face into a crude facsimile of the same expression---a jack-o’-lantern grin, teeth clenched, and eyes popping. “Like this?”

“Yes, darling,” I said, in a marked tone. “ Just like that.”

Marsali looked at us, blinked, and tugged at Fergus’s sleeve. He turned, squinting at us.

“Look happy, Papa!” Germain pointed to his gigantic smile. “See?”

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Quote of the Day for Monday, October 19. -- Judie, 20:15:59 10/18/15 Sun
    The following quote taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright © 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Chapter 6 - Being Now Justified by His Blood

He shrugged such thoughts away. He had chosen his way, and was satisfied with it. Still, he searched the sky, looking for Taurus. Not the prettiest of constellations, but his own. Born under the sign of the bull, stubborn and strong. Strong enough, he hoped, to do what he intended.

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2015 20:16:56   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for SATURDAY October 17, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 17:40:08 10/16/15 Fri

The little boy was still as death, but he wasn’t dead; Jerry could feel his heartbeat thumping fast against his own chest. It was all he could feel. Poor little bugger must have had his wind knocked out.

‘Is that one—?’

‘Nay, he’s gone-look at his head, poor chap caved in something horrid. The boy’s well enough, I think, just bumps and scratches. …

‘Come on, big man, yeah, that's it, that's it, come with me. Hush, now it’s all right, it’s all right … is that your daddy, then?’

‘No tags, no service book. Funny, that. He’s RAF though, isn’t he? AWOL, d’ye think?’

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, Oct 16, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 03:13:18 10/16/15 Fri

And then he did reach home.

The rubble had been pushed off the street into a heap, but not taken away. Great blackened lumps of shattered stone and concrete lay like a cairn where Montrose Terrace had once stood.

All the blood in his heart stopped dead, congealed by the sight. …

His knee gave way without warning, and he fell, landing hard on both knees, not feeling the impact the crunch of pain from his badly mended kneecap quite drowned out by the blunt small voice inside his head.

Too late. Ye went too far.

The old man’s smile faded abruptly and his mouth slowly opened, a flabby dark hole of horror.

‘But your’re dead, Mr. MacKenzie,’ he whispered, backing away hands held up before him. ‘Oh, God. Your’re dead.’

Last edited by author: Fri October 16, 2015 17:32:43   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, October 12, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:24:43 10/11/15 Sun

He walked for a long time. Slowly, because of the knee, but that began to feel easier after a while. His mind was not feeling easier. There was something wrong with the countryside…Northumbria was a ragged sort of place, but not this ragged.

They kept coming, slowly, spreading out to surround him. He hadn’t liked the looks of them to start with, and was liking them less by the second. Hungry, they looked with a speculative glitter in their eyes.

One of them said something to him, a question of some kind, but the Northumbrian accent was too thick for him to catch more than a word. 'Who' was the word, and he hastily pulled his dog tags from the neck of his blouson, waving the red and green disks at them. One of the men smiled, but not in a nice way…

Within two minutes, he’d been efficiently beaten into pudding, had his pockets rifled, been stripped of his jacket and dog tags, been frog-marched down the road and heaved bodily down a steep, rocky slope.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, October 15, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:14:37 10/14/15 Wed

He took a hesitant step towards the stones. Another. One more. Then nearly bit his tongue off as a hand clamped down on his shoulder. He whirled, fist up but the dark man’s other hand seized his wrist.
    ‘I love you,’ the dark man said, his voice fierce. The he was gone again, with the shoof-shoof sounds of boots in dry grass, leaving Jerry with his mouth agape. …He caught the other man’s voice from the darkness, irritated half-amused. …

'Why did ye tell him a daft thing like that?'

And the dark one’s reply, soft-spoken in a tone that terrified him more than anything had so far.

'Because he isn’t going to make it back. It’s the only chance I’ll ever have. Come on.'

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, October 13, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 19:41:21 10/12/15 Mon
    ‘What;s your name, mate?’ said the dark chap, softly. Jerry felt the nip of wariness at his nape, even as he felt a thrill in the pit of his stomach. It was regular speech, perfectly understandable. A Scots accent, but-

’MacKenzie, J.W.,’ he said, straightening up to attention. ‘Lieutenant, Royal Air Force. Service number-‘

An indescribable expression flitted across the dark bloke’s face. An urge to laugh, of all bloody things, and a flare of excitement in his eyes- really striking eyes, a vivid green that flashed suddenly in the light. None of that mattered to Jerry; what was important was that the man plainly knew. He knew.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, October 14, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 19:31:54 10/13/15 Tue

‘Take this; it's a good one. When ye go through,’ the dark man was speaking urgently to him, ‘think about your wife, about Marjorie. Think hard; see her in your mind’s eye, and walk straight through. Whatever the hell ye do, though, don’t think about your son. Just your wife.’…

‘Damn,’ said the fair one, softly. ‘They’re coming. There’s a light.’

‘Tannasg’ said the other man under his breath. Jerry knew that word well enough- spirit, it mean. And usually an ill-disposed one. A haunt.

[ Edit | View ]

• QOTD for Sunday, October 11, 2015 The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 06:14:44 10/11/15 Sun

Still thinking of Dolly, though, he put his hand automatically to his pocket, and was alarmed to find no lump there. … No stone - but there was something in his right-hand pocket. Something powdery, almost greasy…what the devil? …

There was a distinct smell of combustion. Not petrolish at all, but a scent of burning so intense he could taste it on the back of his tongue. Like something out of a volcano. What in the name of God Almighty could burn a rock and leave the man who carried it alive?

Last edited by author: Sun October 11, 2015 06:15:43   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, Oct 10, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 19:37:13 10/09/15 Fri

‘I’ve no particular right to say this to you-but I will,’ he said, low-voiced. ‘You’re right; they’re not all brave. Most of them-of us- we’re just… there, and we do our best. Most of the time,’ he added, and the corner of his mouth lifted slightly, though she couldn’t tell whether it was in humour or bitterness.

‘But your husband-‘ H closed his eyes for a moment and said, ‘The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.’

’You sent him, though,’ she said, her voice as low as his. ‘You did.’

'I’ve done such things every day…for a long time.’

Last edited by author: Sat October 10, 2015 05:15:06   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, Oct 8, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:57:46 10/07/15 Wed

He turned quite round, three times, before he stopped, afraid of becoming dizzy again. The plane was gone.
    It was gone. He was sure it had lain about fifty feet beyond that one stone, the tallest one;….

Not only was the plane gone, it didn’t seem ever to have been there. …

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, Oct 9, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:41:27 10/08/15 Thu

Horripilation. That’s the proper word for gooseflesh; Dolly’d told him that. She kept a little notebook and wrote down words she came across in her reading; she was a great one for the reading. She’d already got wee Roger sitting in her lap to be read to after tea, round-eyed as Bonzo at the coloured pictures in his rag book.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, Oct 7, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows" by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:46:14 10/06/15 Tue

He touched his pocket automatically, whispering, ‘Love you, Dolly’ under his breath. Everyone had his little rituals, those last few moments before takeoff. For Jerry MacKenzie, it was his wife’s face and his lucky stone that usually settled the worms in his belly. She’d found it in a rocky hill on the Isle of Lewis, where they’d spent their brief honeymoon— a rough sapphire, she said, very rare.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Tuesday, Oct 6, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 19:10:45 10/05/15 Mon

He’d taken two bullets though his right knee a year before, when he’d dived after a 109 and neglected to see another one that popped out of nowhere behind him and peppered his arse. On fire, but terrified of bailing out into a sky filled with smoke, bullets and random explosions he’d ridden his burning plane down, both of them screaming as they fell out of the sky Dolly I’s metal skin so hot it had seared his left forearm through his jacket, his right foot squelching in the blood that filled his boot as he stamped the pedal. Made it, though, and had been on the sick-and-hurt list for two months. He still limped very noticeably, but he didn’t regret his smashed patella; he'd had his second month’s sick leave at home—and wee Roger had come along nine months later.

Last edited by author: Mon October 05, 2015 19:12:12   Edited 2 times.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Monday, Oct 5, 2015, The following quote is taken from "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 19:06:09 10/04/15 Sun
    Jerry felt a qualm in the pit of his stomach, as half-recognized observations-the lack of insignia on the uniform, that air of confidence peculiar to men who kept secrets -
    gelled with the look in the stranger’s eye…. ‘Careful-he’s a funny bugger.’

Jerry nodded, stomach tightening. Malan didn’t mean Captain Randall was either humorous or a Freemason. ‘Funny bugger’ in this context meant only one thing. M16.

Last edited by author: Mon October 05, 2015 19:05:20   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Saturday, October 3, 2015 -- Erin McN, 22:34:18 10/02/15 Fri
    The following quote is taken from An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 19 "Ae Fond Kiss." Copyright (c) 2009 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

...His heart was beating fast; I could feel it as though I held it in my hand. Mine was, too, but I breathed deep and took comfort in the warm familiarity of his body, the soft crispness of the cinnamon-colored hairs of his chest, and the gooseflesh that raised them under my fingers. While I was thus engaged, he slid his fingers into my hair, separating a lock which he viewed appraisingly.

"It's not gone white yet. I suppose I've a little time, then, before ye get too dangerous for me to bed."

"Dangerous, forsooth," I said, setting to work on the buttons of his breeks. I wished he had on his kilt. "Exactly what do you think I might do to you in bed?"

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 The following quote is taken from A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon," Copyright (c) 2010 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved. -- BetsyG, 18:06:12 10/03/15 Sat
    It was two weeks yet to Hallowe’en, but the gremlins were already at work.

from the Author’s Notes:
    Before y’all get tangled in your underwear about it being All Hallows’ Eve when Jeremiah leaves and ‘nearly Samhain’ (aka All Hallows’ Eve) when he returns- bear in mind that Great Britain changed from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar in 1752, this resulting in a ‘loss’ of twelve days.

Last edited by author: Sat October 03, 2015 18:07:02   Edited 1 time.
    [ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Friday, October 2, 2015 -- Erin McN, 21:59:50 10/01/15 Thu
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 87 "Justice is Mine, Sayeth the Lord." Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Take him!" a voice called suddenly. Allan Christie pushed his way to the front of the crowd, and pointed at Jamie. His voice trembled and broke with emotion. "It's him debauched my sister, him that kilt her! If ye'll put someone to the trial, take him!"

There was a subterranean rumble of agreement at that, and I saw John MacNeill and young Hugh Abernathy draw close together, glancing uneasily from Jamie to the three Lindsay brothers, and back again.

"Nay, it's her!" a woman's voice called in contradiction, high and shrill. One of the fishers' wives; she stabbed a finger at me, face pinched with malevolence. "A man might kill a lass he'd got wi' child--but no man would do sich wickedness as to steal a babe unborn frae the womb! No but a witch would do that--and she found wi' the puir wee corpse in her hands!"

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Thursday, October 1, 2015 -- Erin McN, 22:28:19 09/30/15 Wed
    The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 8 Homo est obligamus aerobe ("Man is an obligate aerobe")--Hippocrates. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"You aren't going to die," I said to him, quietly but as forcefully as I could. "I won't let you." The flicker of something much too faint to be a smile passed behind those winter-sharp eyes, but he hadn't enough breath to even think of speaking. His lips were still blue and his face paper-white, in spite of the temperature.

The first cup of joint-fir tea helped briefly, the heat and moisture doing as much as the herb; joint fir did contain epinephrine and was the only really good treatment for asthma I had available--but there wasn't enough of the active principle in a cup of the stuff after only ten minutes' brewing. Even the momentary sense of relief steadied him, though. His hand turned, fingers linking with mine, and he squeezed back.

A fighter. I knew one when I saw one and smiled involuntarily.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• QOTD for Wednesday, September 30, 2015 -- Erin McN, 20:49:44 09/29/15 Tue
    The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 50 "Sharp Edges." Copyright (c) 2005 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"It's all right, " I said, my own voice sounding strange and far off. "He's all right. Let her come to him."

She flung herself at Aidan with a sob, pulling him into her arms. Tom Christie and I stood staring at each other over the wreckage. Outside, everything had gone quiet.

"Did ye just raise that child from the dead?" he asked. His voice was almost conversational, though his feathery brows arched high.

I wiped a hand across my mouth, still tasting the sickly sweetness of the ether.

"I suppose so," I said.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
    . .
    Quoters for the upcoming weeks:

Week of January 17 - CarolSR
    Week of January 24 - Swarl
    Week of January 31 - CarolSR
    Week of February 7 - kgp
    Week of February 14 - LisaW
    Week of February 21 -
    Week of February 28 -

web counter
    web counter
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.