VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 12:44:22amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:03:00 08/12/15 Wed
Author: Lee
Subject: QOTD for Thursday August 13, 2015

I really thought this was going to pay Claire’s debt to the King. Was kind of cheering her on that she didn’t have to…you know. Silly me, lol!

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 27, An Audience with His Majesty. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ The King’s hand was under my elbow, directing my attention beyond the table. Now that the candle was lighted, I could see the two figures who stood silently among the flickering shadows. I started at the sight, and the King’s hand tightened on my arm.

The Compte St. Germain and Master Raymond stood there, side by side, separated by a distance of six feet or so. Raymond gave no sign of acknowledgment, but stood quietly, staring off to one side with the pupil-less black eyes of a frog in a bottomless well. “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I did too! But the King gets what he wants. Raymond is one of the characters I cannot wait to see. -- LisaW, 05:50:29 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And what a plum of a role to be hired for!!! -- Swarl, 05:57:11 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'm dying to see all the new characters being introduced in season two. From the photos I've seen, they've done as good a job as they did with season one. -- Lee, 15:10:31 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> This was such a weird scene, but I also thought Claire would escape having to 'service' the King. -- kgp, 06:50:04 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I honestly didn't like all this, it got too close to unrealistic. -- jayn, 18:45:27 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The whole premise is pretty unrealistic from the start, so that never bothers me in this series. I just enjoy the ride. :) The part I minded was finding out that Claire really didn't get out without paying her debt to the King after all. -- Lee, 21:52:20 08/13/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.