VoyForums

Sunday, December 05, 06:25:07pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:47:49 08/13/15 Thu
Author: Lee
Subject: QOTD for Friday, August 14, 2015

Who would have thought that this encounter, in the middle of all that was going on, would turn into such a strong and far-reaching connection. This is a fine example of why re-reading this series can be so very rewarding. The great stuff you couldn’t read the future and see the importance of kind of smacks you in the head (in the best of ways). ☺

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 36, Prestonpans. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ The man hit the trunk hard, loosing a shower of leaves and acorns, and slid slowly down to lie dazed in the leaf-meal.

Attracted by the noise, Murtagh, Ross, and a couple of the other Fraser men materialized by the fire. Hauling the intruder to his feet, they pulled him roughly into the circle of firelight. Murtagh grabbed the captive by the hair and jerked his head backward, bringing his face into view.

It was a small, fine-boned face, with big, long-lashed eyes that blinked dazedly at the crowding faces.

“But he’s only a boy!” I exclaimed. “He can’t be more than fifteen!”

“Sixteen!” said the boy. ”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> John does know how to make an entrance, doesn't he? -- kgp, 05:58:25 08/14/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> A moment, on first read, I thought nothing of. How wrong I was, of course! -- Lady Linda, 06:28:22 08/14/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> What a wonderful introduction to a character who has become one of my favorites. I admit it took me a long time to come to love John, but now I enjoy the scenes with him always. -- LisaW, 07:10:29 08/14/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Me too. I was lukewarm about him, felt sorry for him. But have come to love him and really enjoy his wit, loyalty, strength and I think he's hot. 😍 -- Kathy in PA, 14:32:03 08/14/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.