VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 11:09:50amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:08:51 08/18/15 Tue
Author: LissC
Subject: Quote of the Day for Tuesday, August 18, 2015.

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 11, Useful Occupations. Copyright © 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Said to my father over supper one night as I thought perhaps in the spring I’d go across to the Abbey and become a novice.
I laughed at the thought. “Well, you’d have no difficulty with the vow of poverty; chastity and obedience might come a bit harder. What did your father say?”
He grinned, teeth white in a dark face. “He was eating brose. He laid down the spoon and looked at me for moment. Then he sighed and shook his head, and said, ‘It’s been a long day, Jamie’.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love to hear about the relationship between these two. But then I get sad about how Brian was lost to Jamie and Jenny, and the guilt Jamie felt over his role in it. Bloody effing Jack Randall!! -- Lee, 12:12:01 08/18/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I wish we could see more of Black Brian. Such a wise and wonderful man who is unafraid to show his love and affection for his loved ones. The image of him as he unbraided Ellen's hair while she lay there, dead, with their babe tucked under her arm, next to her breast... it just breaks my heart. -- Betsy Barefootspinner, 18:37:19 08/18/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I really hope Diana does get her planned prequel about Brian and Ellen written. I have a favorite "Brian quote" that I won't mention in case you'll be using it. But the small glimpses of him make it easy to understand how he swept Ellen off her feet and raised exceptional children. Great week of quotes, thanks Lee! -- Kathy in PA, 04:01:03 08/19/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I think you have hit on something there - Jamie is the enlightened man he is, able to meet Claire and her "modern" views on such solid footing because he was molded and shaped by such an exceptional man. -- lori v, 04:33:24 08/19/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Looking forward to that quote specifically! -- LissC, 08:50:58 08/19/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Funny! I can just see them talking! -- Piper-Mom, 07:14:19 08/19/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.