VoyForums

Sunday, November 28, 06:02:12pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:27:23 08/20/15 Thu
Author: LissC
Subject: Quote of the Day for Thursday, August 20, 2015.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, page 607, print edition. Copyright 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Brian," she said, "I -"

"A Dhia!" He went whiter than the harled plaster of the house below. "Ellen!"

Astonishment deprived her of speech for an instant - long enough to hear light footsteps scrambling down the hill behind her.

"Mam!" called Jem, breathless.

Brian's eyes glanced up, behind her, and his mouth fell open at the sight of Jem. Then a look of radiant joy suffused his face.

"Willie!" he said. A bhalaich! Mo bhalaich!" He looked back at Brianna and stretched out a trembling hand to her. Mo ghraidh . . . Mo chridhe . . ."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> This broke my heart. And it was very mean of DG to leave us hanging on it 😉 -- jayn, 05:43:34 08/20/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> The poor man! But to have such an instant of joy to see his beloved again - oh, the tears.... -- kgp, 05:57:28 08/20/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I am glad Brian passed out and never knew the truth. He has this beautiful vision of seeing his wife and son. Such a touching scene. -- Lady Linda, 09:21:09 08/20/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree. Even if he thinks it was just a vision, at least he had those few moments of joy. -- Kathy in PA, 03:40:19 08/21/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> So many things speak to me about this scene. For starters, how much Brianna looks like her Grandmother, for Brian what a treasure to think he is seeing his Love, also for Jamie all those years to have visions of his mother through Brianna. -- LisaW, 07:05:32 08/21/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.