VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 09:18:33amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:18:28 08/22/15 Sat
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, August 23, 2015

There are so many great scenes in Dragonfly in Amber,so I thought we'd revisit some of them as we wait for Season 2 of the Starz program. There will be some shocking surprises for those "show only" fans. :)

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, CHAPTER 8 UNLAID GHOSTS AND CROCODILES. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Jonathan Randall walked the room. And lay naked in my bed, atop the woolen blanket.
There had been the sound of hoarse breathing close behind him, and the feel of sweat-drenched skin, sliding against his own. He gritted his teeth in an agony of frustration. The man behind him sensed the small movement and laughed.
“Oh, we’ve some time yet before they hang you, my boy,” he whispered. “Plenty of time to enjoy it.” Randall moved suddenly, hard and abrupt, and
he made a small involuntary sound.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I don't remember this at all... But I'm pretty sure I don't like it :( -- jayn, 04:41:21 08/23/15 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun August 23, 2015 04:41:37   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh Jayn, that's exactly what I was thinking! -- Susannah, 05:36:00 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Why don't I remember this? I can only think I blocked this traumatic event. Time to re-read for the (at least) 8th time. -- CathyS, 06:27:21 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I do remember this with horror. I was amazed at her they could convey this on TV. Reading it and seeing it made my heart break for Jamie and what his strength puts him through. -- Kathy in PA, 10:38:33 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ughhhhhh! I'm thinking this is a dream of Jamie's, but I can't recall. How Jamie was able to go on after what that bastard did to him, is a testament to Claire's commitment to their love. -- LisaW, 11:14:16 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.