VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 03:40:22amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:16:58 08/23/15 Sun
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Monday, August 24, 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, CHAPTER 8 UNLAID GHOSTS AND CROCODILES. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved

“I took a step toward him, but he stopped me with a quick motion. He turned his face back to the window, calm now, and blank as the glass he looked through.
“Get ye to bed, lassie. Leave me to myself a bit; I’ll be well enough presently. There’s naught to worry ye now.”
He stretched his arms out, grasping the window frame, blotting out the light with his body. His shoulders swelled with effort, and I could tell that he was pushing against the wood with all his might.
“It was only a dream. Jack Randall is dead.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> The first time I read Outlander I thought...BJR's death was too easy, the bastard deserved a torturous death...little did I know then how the next chapters would play out. -- CarolSR, 16:20:07 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Could not agree with you more. -- Lady Linda, 17:11:47 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> With our first read we all though BJR was dead as did J &C....you can imagine Jamie's shock,horror etc at the discovery he was still alive.... -- Aussiewench, 23:56:20 08/23/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> It probably helped Jamie to heal to believe that BJR could never again touch him. -- LisaW, 07:24:56 08/24/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I didn't believe that Jack was dead since I followed the comic book rule of death from the early in my childhood which was "If you don't see the body, they aren't dead." Later in life I added this rule, if the author doesn't say they are definately dead, then they aren't. -- Connee, 14:11:47 08/24/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.