VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 09:44:55amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:20:14 08/25/15 Tue
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, August 25, 2015

It was a bit hard finding a "Hump Day" quote with this week's story line, but here goes...

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, CHAPTER 38 A BARGAIN WITH THE DEVIL. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved

“He told me. Everything.”
He made a small sound, half a sigh.
“Whether the idea pleases you or not, my dear, we are linked, you and I. I cannot say it pleases me, but I admit the truth of it. You know, as I do, the touch of his skin—so warm, is he not? Almost as though he burned from within. You know the smell of his sweat and the roughness of the hairs on his thighs. You know the sound that he makes at the last, when he has lost himself. So do I.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Nasty mouthed bastard....trying to goad her .....these books evoke so many varied emotions in us...the readers -- Aussiewench, 20:48:47 08/25/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> What a Mother F'er to throw these things in her face, while getting ready to ask her for her help to save his brother. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! -- LisaW, 22:21:49 08/25/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> But if he is a sociopath,he could really believe that he was telling Claire how much they had in common. Narcissism has thwt capacity after all. Pretty chilling. -- Swarl, 05:21:51 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> But he hasn't got the foggiest idea of Jamie's heart. -- jayn, 05:41:21 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Most indeed a bargain with the devil. -- Lady Linda, 06:08:07 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> DIA is my least favourite but I am re-reading for the first time in years, it has been in my drawer waiting to be taken out - started last night - it is just such an upsetting part of the story -- Ruth E, 08:15:18 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I find BJR a complex, fascinating character. He's a great study into the psyche of the perversity of the deranged. I have to remember each time he makes me want to vomit that DG has said many many many times that BJR is her. I think, in all honesty, most of us have suppressed a little BJR in ourselves. -- Betsy Barefootspinner, 11:39:53 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.