VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 06:39:54amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:13:17 08/26/15 Wed
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, August 27, 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, CHAPTER 38 A BARGAIN WITH THE DEVIL. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved

“The note of triumph in his voice was faint, but unmistakable. “I,” he said softly, “I have had him as you could never have him. You are a woman; you cannot understand, even witch as you are. I have held the soul of his manhood, have taken from him what he has taken from me. I know him, as he now knows me. We are bound, he and I, by blood.”
I give ye my Body, that we Two may be One…”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I hate the use of the wedding vow here. That bastard will never have Jamie's soul, his heart or his love. Ever! -- CarolSR, 16:15:58 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh, I think not, BJR. I am embarrassed to say that I project my feelings about BJR onto that wonder person, Tobias Menzies, who plays him so brilliantly. I know it is wrong but darn, he does a fabulous portrayal of him. -- Lady Linda, 19:07:41 08/26/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I know what you mean. I always pictured BJR as Jason Isaacs and projected those feelings on him no matter what role he was playing. Tobias has COMPLETELY taken over that role and those feelings. He plays BJR with such amazing depth and depravity. -- Kathy in PA, 04:10:59 08/27/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> How wrong BJR is! As Claire said, BJR had Jamie's body, but she holds Jamie's soul. -- LisaW, 06:55:44 08/27/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.