VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 04:39:22amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:55:25 08/30/15 Sun
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, August 30, 2015

The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 27. Tunnel Tigers

”Giggling, she thought with furious contempt. Like little boys!

Little boys, indeed. She took a few deep breaths, fighting off both anger and panic. Now that the dazzle of the darkness had faded, she could see the thin line of light that bisected the fifteen-foot doors. A man-height shadow interrupted the light but was jerked away, to the accompaniment of whispers and more giggling. Someone trying to peek in, the idiot. Good luck to him, seeing anything in here. Aside from the hair of light between the doors, the hydroelectric tunnel under Loch Errochty was dark as the pits of hell.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Poor Bree. These guys were just pigs! I didn't find anything funny about this "prank." -- Lady Linda, 07:12:21 08/30/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> How terrible to have to work under condtions like this. She was too intimidating for them. the cowards! -- LisaW, 12:39:52 08/30/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I know. She has a lot bigger ballocks than I do. I would have been mad, but also scared shiteless. -- Kathy in PA, 14:28:57 08/30/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Think about what she's already survived - twice through the stones, rape, abduction, shooting Stephen in the nuts, mercy-shooting him before he drowned, watching children die of dysentery and dehydration, killing a bison with an axe, a child with a heart condition, re-establishing 20th century life, adjusting to a new country and renovating Lallybroch . . . these idiots are no match for her. -- kgp, 06:49:41 08/31/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.