VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:43:55amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:45:27 08/31/15 Mon
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 72. The Feast Of All Saints

“Another time, then,’ Rob said lightly. “Nice to meet ye, pal.” He bounded off again, light-footed as a gazelle, and she turned to find William Buccleigh looking after him with narrowed eye.

“What?” she demanded.

“Yon man’s got a hot eye for you,” he said, abruptly, turning to her. “Does your husband know?”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” she said, just as abruptly. Her heart had sped up at his words, and she didn’t like it. “I work with him. He’s in the lodge with Roger, and the talk about old songs. That’s all.”

He made one of those Scottish noises that can convey all manner of indelicate meaning and shook his head.

“I may not be what you are,” he repeated, smiling unpleasantly. “But I’m no a fool, either.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I'm no great Buck fan but I'd sure chose him over Rob. -- jayn, 04:32:35 09/01/15 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue September 01, 2015 04:33:15   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> To me, Buck is a good example of how genetics contribute and shape a person. He was just as ruthless as Dougal and Geillis. But in the end, he was there for family. -- TheresaB., 06:29:31 09/01/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Buck knew something was not right with that guy. -- LisaW, 15:13:14 09/01/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.