VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 11:42:27pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:07:46 09/05/15 Sat
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, September 5th, 2015

The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 91. Footsteps

“She stared at him, dumbfounded.

“What are you doing here?” Even as she spoke, she was rising from the chair, groping for something that might be used as a weapon, her mind lagging far behind her body, not yet able to penetrate the fog of horror that gripped her.

“I came for you, hen,” he said, smiling. “And for the gold.” He laid something on the desk: her parent’s first letter. ”Tell Jem the Spaniard guards it,” Rob Cameron quoted, tapping it. “I thought maybe it’s best you tell Jem that. And tell him to show me where this Spaniard is. If ye’d like to keep him alive, I mean. Up to you, though.” The smiled widened. “Boss.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> To think that this person violated her parents letters and then to realize Jem is still here and Roger is gone, all these things combined would make killing this bastard so satisfying. -- LisaW, 08:43:12 09/05/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> He just makes my blood boil and makes me want to call him some verra, verra bad words! -- Lady Linda, 08:54:05 09/05/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> It makes me so angry when he calls her 'hen'.....like he's talking to a female he considers below his notice -- Aussiewench, 12:26:27 09/05/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree. That is a term of endearment from Roger, for Rob to use it makes me sick. He IS trying to intimidate her and sarcastically call her hen. He doesn't realize he's up against Mama Bear, NOT a hen -- Kathy in PA, 05:32:46 09/06/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.