VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 07:17:28pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:05:07 09/06/15 Sun
Author: TheresaB.
Subject: QOTD for Monday, September 7, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 19, Hearth Blessing. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ “How shall I tell ye what it is, to feel the need of a place?” he said softly. “The need of snow beneath my shoon. The breath of the mountains, breathing their own breath in my nostrils as God gave breath to Adam. The scrape of rock under my hand, climbing, and the sight of the lichens on it, enduring in the sun and the wind.”

His breath was gone and he breathed again, taking mine, His hands were linked behind my head, holding me, face-to-face.

“If I am to live as a man, I must have a mountain.” he said simply. His eyes were open wide, searching mine for understanding.

“Will ye trust me, Sassenach? He said. His nose pressed against mine, but his eyes didn’t blink. Neither did mine. “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> She gave up her modern life, her daughter, her medical practice to come back to him. She thought they'd live at Lallybroch or Edinburgh, or maybe River Run or at least in Cross Creek, near people she could doctor, talk to, resources to draw from. She gives all that up to make a life in a mountain wilderness with nothing but hard work between them and starvation. Must be love. Or she was dropped on her head as an infant. I go back and forth. -- kgp, 06:32:24 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> OK, this made me LOL! For myself, I know that I would have made a terrible pioneer- I need clean sheets, hot water and electricity too much. -- TheresaB., 06:45:43 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'm not that magnanimous, but then again, perhaps I've just never encountered that kind of love. -- LadyDuBois, 12:15:36 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> This past weekend I asked my sister in law if her son and long time girlfriend were going to get married. She replied if he gets into grad school at Tulane, probably not because his girlfriend cannot stand New Orleans. I thought, nope, not love. You'd follow the One anywhere! -- Mia, 07:23:21 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> So true! I remember when DH was applying to college and he was thinking of Foestry, I told him whatever he wanted to do I would support him fully, but understand they do not have Radiation Oncology Departments in the middle of the woods. :D He chose Civil Engineering. -- LisaW, 09:59:10 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> She has trusted him with everything that is Her, how could she not now? Jamie does not take things on lightly, so Claire must know that if this is something he needs to live then she will give her trust fully. It's Love, for Sure!! -- LisaW, 09:55:43 09/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.