VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 09:02:59amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:18:36 09/07/15 Mon
Author: TheresaB.
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 21. A Night on a Snowy Mountain. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ “If she goes on wi’ the history- d’ye think she’ll find us? Written down somewhere, I mean.”

The thought had honestly not occurred to me, and for a moment I lay quite still. Then I stretched a bit, and laid my head on his shoulder with a small laugh, not altogether humorous.

“I shouldn’t think so. Not unless we were to do something newsworthy.” I gestured vaguely toward the cabin wall, and the endless wilderness outside. “Not much chance of that here, I don’t imagine. And she’d have to be deliberately looking, in any case.”

“Would she?”

I was silent for a moment, breathing the musky, deep scent of him.

“I hope not,” I said quietly at last. “She should have her own life- not spend her time looking back.” “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Of course she would look! They are her parents and she will never know for sure that they are together unless she looks. -- LisaW, 08:58:53 09/08/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.