VoyForums

Friday, December 03, 07:32:57amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:58:01 09/09/15 Wed
Author: TheresaB.
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, September 10, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 25. Enter a Serpent. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ There had luckily been enough sewage in the bottom of the pit to break his fall. From appearances, the ninth Earl of Ellesmere had landed facedown. Lord John stood for a moment on the path, wiping his hands on his breeches and surveying the encrusted object before him. He rubbed the back of a hand over his mouth, trying either to hide a smile or to stifle his sense of smell.

“What news from the Underworld, Persephone?” he said, unable to keep the quaver of laughter out of his voice.

A pair of slanted eyes looked blue murder out of the mask of filth obscuring his Lordship’s features. It was a thoroughly Fraser expression, and I felt a qualm go through me at the sight.”

This part always makes me laugh!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Have to honestly believe that the, “What news from the Underworld, Persephone?” quote is THE funniest line in the entire series!! Well, maybe the priest who married Fergus and Marsali comes really close! LOL! -- Lady Linda, 19:11:05 09/09/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I really love how DG scatters these funny bits throughout the story. None of them are contrived, and they add to the richness of all the books. -- TheresaB., 03:12:29 09/10/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love how two educated men from totally different backgrounds, Jamie and Lord John , immediately "get" and share a laugh over this quote. -- Kathy in PA, 04:37:01 09/10/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I always thought Johns reaction here was a key to their friendship. And darn funny. -- jayn, 04:44:16 09/10/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think this is a moment when Jamie remembers the things that cemented his relationship with John. And poor Willie!! -- LisaW, 07:52:42 09/10/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And poor William in Moby when he remembers this and who Jamie and Ian are. -- Kathy in PA, 18:33:16 09/10/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.