VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:20:57amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:20:19 09/10/15 Thu
Author: TheresaB.
Subject: QOTD for Friday, September 11, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 41. Journey’s End. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I wasn’t alone. Damn, and I’d left my knife on the table inside!

“Sassenach.” My heart nearly stopped at the sound of Jamie’s voice. I spun toward it, relief being rapidly overcome by annoyance. What did he think he-

For a split second, I thought I was seeing double. They were sitting on the bench outside the door, side by side, the afternoon sun igniting their hair like matchheads.

My eyes focused on Jamie’s face, alight with joy- then shifted right.

“Mama.” It was the same expression; eagerness and joy and longing all together. I had no time even to think before she was in my arms, and I was in the air, knocked off my feet both literally and figuratively.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Not necessarily one of my favourite scenes, but certainly one of the most heart warming. Jamie played it perfectly. -- jayn, 04:47:13 09/11/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> What a shock for Claire! I like that Jamie and Brianna were quietly sitting so Claire could see them together. -- LisaW, 05:37:48 09/11/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> I can imagine them practically giggling in conspiracy to spring this surprise on Claire. -- kgp, 05:50:23 09/11/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.