VoyForums

Saturday, November 27, 07:04:42amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:24:12 09/11/15 Fri
Author: TheresaB.
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, September 12, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 66. Child of My Blood. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Did you go to the stone circle?” she asked. He nodded, not looking at her. He fumbled in his pocket, and laid the big opal stone on the table.

“I went there. That’s why I was long in coming; it took me a long time to find it.”

She was silent for a moment, then nodded.

“You didn’t go back. But you can. Maybe you should.” She looked at him straight on, her gaze the twin of her father’s.

“I don’t want to live with you, if you came back for duty,” she said. She looked at me then, her eyes soft with pain. “I’ve seen a marriage made from obligation- and I’ve seen one made for love. If I hadn’t-“ She stopped and swallowed, then went on. Looking at Roger. “If I hadn’t seen both, I could have lived with obligation. But I have seen both-and I won’t”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> First, thank you all for your comments. This was my first time doing the quote of the day, and I truly enjoyed it. I have been listening to DOA which was why I decided to pull quotes from this one. To me, this book is where Jamie and Claire really get to build a life together that it wholly their own. I wanted to get snippets of family in the quotes. Sadly, there are not enough days in a week to get all of the family in. ;-) -- TheresaB., 17:28:29 09/11/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> You did a lovely job! Hope you will do other weeks. I loved this quote because Bree, while young, did see the marriage that Claire had with Frank and then saw the one she has with Jamie. She is really the only observer to both. -- Lady Linda, 17:32:36 09/11/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you, Theresa, for a week of quotes from DOA, one of my favorites. This quote was so expressive in seeing the different types of marriage and how they're managed. Bri is smart enough and independent enough (20th century mindset) to know she wouldn't live with obligation overshadowing her marriage. I think it happens more often than we know and it's sad. -- Kathy in PA, 05:30:14 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for your week of quotes. It is such fun to choose them and it is so great to read another person's choices. Come again soon! -- Swarl, 06:18:04 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for your quotes, loved them all! And how could I not? I have to give Brianna so much credit here, she lived with Frank and Claire and believed that marriage to be the way it was. But then she saw Claire and Jamie, and found out what a marriage made in love really was all about. If she had any doubts about how she would have her marriage be, they were put to rest. -- LisaW, 09:31:35 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for your choices. -- kgp, 10:20:55 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Nice job on quotes this week. -- CarolSR, 19:54:47 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Great job, Theresa! -- Judie, 22:40:00 09/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Late here I'm afraid but loved this quote. I'm thinking I really need a re read of the whole series. -- Gwen, 00:08:33 09/15/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'm late too because I've been out of town - great week of Quotes TheresaB! Gwen I'm also thinking about a reread.... -- MaryC in KY, 12:18:57 09/15/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.