VoyForums

Thursday, December 09, 06:33:10amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:42:30 09/19/15 Sat
Author: Gwen
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, September 20th 2015

It's many years since I did Quote of the Day and it was quite short notice and oh my, there are so many to choose from now! So I hope you'll forgive me for being a bit self indulgent (it is my birthday after all *g* ) and using some of my old favourites mainly from my favourite book. Hope you enjoy some oldies but goodies.

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 46 Timor Mortis Conturbat Me. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“‘D'ye think I don't know?’ he asked softly. ‘It's me that has the easy part now. For if ye feel for me as I do for you - then I'm asking you to tear out your heart and live without it.’ His hand stroked my hair, the roughness of his knuckles catching in the blowing strands.
‘But ye must do it, mo duinne. My brave lioness. Ye must.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ah, gee, could the guy be more romantic? -- jayn, 03:38:36 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I don't usually cry more than once over a very sad moment in a favorite book, but this one kills me every time. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. My Outlandish Voices yahoo group is currently doing a reread of DIA in preparation for season two. I love remembering and resavoring the stories in this book that are pushing their story forward. -- Kathy in PA, 04:51:50 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Lovely start to the week with this quote. As I was reading, I visualised the scene as I always do but it was my image of Jamie and Claire that came to mind, not Sam and Cait. Maybe it's because I haven't seen them in this book - yet. I haven't re-read Crossstitch/Outlander since seeing the series so I'm not sure who I will visualise when I do. -- Kirsten, 04:56:02 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I felt exactly the same Kirsten. I can't see Sam and Cait in this scene at all. Only my Jamie and Claire and it makes me cry every time -- Gwen, 07:07:44 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> AI lovely quote for your first day. Jamie has a turn of phrase that just makes my heart melt. Thanks for taking the time to post such a touching and intense quote and on your birthday too. :-) -- albion, 05:49:19 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Happy birthday! Lovely, albeit gut wrenching, quote. -- TheresaB., 06:02:58 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Thank you, I had a lovely day :-) -- Gwen, 08:21:11 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Happy Birthday! And I look forward to seeing what some of your favorites are this week. -- Valerie L., 07:34:33 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Thanks Val x -- Gwen, 08:21:45 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Can this be any more sad then to hear these words spoken by Jamie? He is so aware of Claire, I think that is what makes me love him so much. Happy Birthday Gwen!! -- LisaW, 10:29:39 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Hard to imagine their bravery in the midst of their gut wrenching sadness. My heart was broken, too. -- Florence, 12:11:03 09/20/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.