VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 01:24:09amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:19:18 09/20/15 Sun
Author: Gwen
Subject: QOTD for Monday, September 21st 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 46 Timor Mortis Conturbat Me. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ ‘Claire,’ he said quietly. ‘Tomorrow I will die. This child....is all that will be left of me - ever. I ask ye, Claire - I beg you - see it safe.’
I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem.
At last I bent my head to him, the wind grieving in my ears.
‘Yes,’ I whispered. ‘Yes, I'll go.’”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I argued many times years ago that I wouldn't have gone, that I would never have left him but now that I'm older I can understand why she did. -- Gwen, 22:20:22 09/20/15 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun September 20, 2015 22:20:58   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> I can hear that sound in my ears when I read this quote, every time. She left to save all that Jamie Fraser was to her and his family. She would make sure that he lived on until they were together again. -- LisaW, 05:46:18 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I don't think I want to watch the show when it gets to here. -- jayn, 10:02:08 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> The urgency in Jamie's voice at this request is so compelling there is no way Claire (or I) could refuse. -- Florence, 11:34:52 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> It breaks my heart to imagine what she would have been going through. The realisation that she has to leave him. The writing in this chapter is just wonderful -- Gwen, 13:38:33 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> The description of her heart breaking always make me stop dead. I don't want to read on, but I have to -- albion, 10:30:59 09/24/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.