VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 04:52:23amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:35:21 09/21/15 Mon
Author: Gwen
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, September 22nd 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 46 Timor Mortis Conturbat Me. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ ‘I will find you,’ he whispered in my ear. ‘I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest."

His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me.

‘Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.’ “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Continuing my theme today, my favourite part of the books. It makes me wonder about the ghost and how that will fit in with the story. The bond was so strong. I don't think I'd ever read a book where the bond between two characters was almost tangible. -- Gwen, 22:38:15 09/21/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Deep sigh, I LOVE this line.... good choice Gwen! I'm enjoying your birthday week, it's like a celebration for all of us too :) -- MaryC in KY, 06:05:45 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> As much as Jamie feels uncertain about what Claire is, in this moment he gets that he can find her and bring her back to him. -- LisaW, 07:00:50 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> This entire scene hurts my heart every time I read it. I do think there is something prophetic about the two hundred years and I believe it is tied into the ghost appearance at the beginning of Outlander. Just my theory. -- Lady Linda, 10:58:15 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> This so reminds me of The Last of the Mohicans where Nathaniel is literally yelling at Cora, "Stay alive! I WILL find you! Just stay alive!" -- MIa, 12:26:33 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie's love and tender feelings are palpable in these words. My heart ached for both of them. -- Florence, 12:31:12 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I get choked up every time I read this passage. The words are so beautiful. -- CarolSR, 16:57:45 09/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I still remember exactly where I was and how I felt when I first read this quote. I also remember giving a deep contented sigh and thinking 'perfect!' -- albion, 10:28:54 09/24/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.