VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 11:10:28amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:50:11 09/23/15 Wed
Author: Gwen
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, September 24th 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 46 Timor Mortis Conturbat Me. Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“This was our final parting, and we could find no way to say goodbye.
At last, he smiled crookedly, bent, and kissed me gently on the lips.
‘They say...’ he began, and stopped to clear his throat. ‘They say, in the old days, when a man would go forth to do a great deed - he would find a wisewoman, and ask her to bless him. He would stand looking forth, in the direction he would go, and she would come behind him, to say the words of prayer over him. When she had finished, he would walk straight out, and not look back, for that was ill-luck to his quest.’
He touched my face once, and turned away, facing the open door. The sun streamed in, lighting his hair in a thousand flames. He straightened his shoulders, broad beneath his plaid, and drew a deep breath.
‘Bless me, then, wisewoman,’ he said softly, ‘and go.’ “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> These quotes are heartbreaking. It's almost physically painful reading them and knowing what's going to happen.... Xx -- Em, 23:37:04 09/23/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> this scene!!!! <3 So powerful. -- NancyH, 00:21:19 09/24/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ok I'm crying now, and I need to go into work. This was such a beautiful way for him to walk away from her. -- LisaW, 07:53:01 09/24/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> One of the reasons I love Jamie is he loves Claire, not just for her looks, but for her mind and her wisdom too. A perfect quote to to demonstrate this aspect of his love for Claire -- albion, 10:26:03 09/24/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.