VoyForums

Friday, December 03, 02:11:33pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:17:03 09/25/15 Fri
Author: Gwen
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, September 26th 2015

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 24 A Malcolm Printer. Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ ‘I've seen ye so many times,’ he said, his voice whispering warm in my ear. ‘You've come to me so often. When I dreamed sometimes. When I lay in fever. When I was so afraid and so lonely I knew I must die. When I needed you, I would always see ye, smiling, with your hair curling up about your face. But ye never spoke. And ye never touched me.’

‘I can touch you now.’ I reached up and drew my hand gently down his temple, his ear, the cheek and jaw that I could see. My hand went to the nape of his neck, under the clubbed bronze hair, and he raised his head at last, and cupped my face between his hands, love glowing strong in the dark blue eyes.

‘Dinna be afraid,’ he said softly. ‘There's the two of us now.’ “

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Thank you for indulging me this week. Of all the books these passages are the ones that gave me goosebumps. I'm so glad they found each other again. -- Gwen, 17:19:34 09/25/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Big sigh, I know there are other scenes more emotional, but I just love this one so much. Thanks for sharing your favorites! -- MaryC in KY, 18:03:08 09/25/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> When Jason and I had been dating about a month I began waking in the middle of the night almost every night. I've never slept well, but this felt different. Discussing it we realized I woke when he went to bed - we were not in the same house. I still do that, it makes for a very warm, close feeling even when we're miles apart. -- jayn, 05:52:43 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I've stopped by not a lot of time! Great week Gwen! Thanks! -- BetsyG, 13:11:25 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for the great quotes, Gwen! Interesting that I've had the same experience in dreams of a loved one who is no longer with me. "He never spoke, and he never touched me." -- Florence, 13:59:33 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for the quotes this week. Small snippets are sometimes very satisfying. -- SusiQ, 05:48:53 09/27/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love these words between them. It sustained them for a long time and will continue too. -- LisaW, 16:46:41 09/27/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.