VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 12:17:12amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:13:49 09/26/15 Sat
Author: Erin McN
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, September 27, 2015

The following quote is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 95 "The Summer Dim." Copyright (c) 2001 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"It is dangerous for her here, without me." Fraser's eyes had momentarily lost their sharp focus; the lines of his face relaxed in exhaustion. His eyes half-closed and he sagged back. Then, suddenly, his eyes opened again.

"She is an Old One," he said. "They will kill her, if they know." Then his eyes had closed again, and he had not spoken again until the others had found them at daylight.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Font Closing....hopefully -- Lady-Jane, 19:22:50 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[>
Try, try again
-- Lady-Jane (</b> </i>), 19:23:43 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Another try? -- Erin McN, 19:26:52 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> This was a startling moment - to think that on top of all the care of his men and the families at the ridge, Jamie was always, always, always most worrit about Claire and what would happen if he weren't there. Do you suppose he ever knew a moment of true peace? -- Lady-Jane, 19:29:45 09/26/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I think they were his "moments of grace" that he experienced unexpectedly. And when he was safe in Claire's arms, shut away from the world, if only for a short time. Long periods of peace were very rare for Jamie, I'm afraid. -- Kathy in PA, 04:18:03 09/27/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I never thought of this for Jamie before. How terrible that he was constantly worried for so many, but in the end it would always be Claire that he would protect. Even if it meant that she would need to leave. -- LisaW, 16:48:55 09/27/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.