VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 08:50:21amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:21:24 09/27/15 Sun
Author: Erin McN
Subject: QOTD for Monday, September 28, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 20 "The White Raven." Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Ah...do tell her she's quite welcome." I nodded cordially at the old lady, and gave her back the blue stone. She popped it into the bag and drew the string tight about its neck. Then she peered closely at me, and reaching out, drew down a curl of my hair, talking as she rubbed the lock between her fingers.

"My husband's grandmother says that you have medicine now, but you will have more. When your hair is white like hers, that is when you will find your full power."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Whoohooo, and we aren't even there yet. No wonder Herself still has another book to write! -- Swarl, 05:58:04 09/28/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Wonder what that full power will be. Claire has so much now. -- LisaW, 06:51:46 09/28/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think her healing powers will approach those of Master Raymond and her blue aura will be apparent when she is using those powers. -- Lady Linda, 11:55:20 09/28/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> It makes me think her "spiritual powers" or her 6th sense might develop more. She is so capable now with her physical healing powers and is always learning more about and using the medicinal remedies available to her, so I think it's her mental powers that will grow. Maybe her glass face will become opaque........ -- Kathy in PA, 17:46:38 09/28/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I just listened to this part today. DOA has so many special moments in it - I like the relative calmness of everyday life. -- Lady-Jane, 19:32:38 09/28/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.