VoyForums

Wednesday, October 20, 10:55:35amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:52:03 12/05/15 Sat
Author: Helka
Subject: Quote of the Day, December , 2015 The following quote is taken from Drums Of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 16, The First Law of Thermodynamics. Copyright ©1997 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

”Fréserière, eh? Mr Strawberry? He grew them, did he, or was he only fond of eating them?”
     ”Either or both,” he said dryly, “or it was maybe only that he was a redhead, aye?”
     I laughed, and he hunkered beside me, unpinning his plaid.
     ”It’s a rare plant,” he said, touching the sprig in my open hand.
“Flowers, fruit and leaves all together at the same time.
The white flowers are for honor, and red fruit for courage−and the green leaves are for constancy.”

It’s our 98th Independence Day and our symbols are the blue white crossed flag and a Lion coat of arms.
The flag colours represent the blue clear sky, sea and lakes and the white snow and the cross symbols the Christianity and links us to other Northern countries.

The Lion, a sword raised up and trampling on a curved sabre links us to Western Europe.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Happy Independence Day! I'm looking forward to your week of quotes. -- Valerie L., 08:26:22 12/06/15 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Happy Independence Day Helka!! I love to hear what the colors represent. -- LisaW, 11:40:31 12/06/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Happy Independence Day, Helka! I looked up a picture of your flag, it's beautiful and the symbolism is striking. -- Kathy in PA, 16:33:52 12/06/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I am late with my reply but hope you had a happy independence day! -- MaryC in KY, 06:17:55 12/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Many thanks! I had great time at my parents' as my father's 80th Birthday was earlier last week. -- Helka, 10:09:17 12/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> wonderful Helka - belated Independence Day wishes! and Loving your DIA quotes! -- BetsyG, 13:07:52 12/07/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.