VoyForums

Monday, October 18, 04:38:54pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:52:24 12/11/15 Fri
Author: Helka
Subject: Thank you all for joining me at my week of marks and signets. The truth is that until last Sunday I had no theme at all, I was leafing through my books to find one. Then, on Sunday as it was the Independence Day, I grabbed the symbols, marks and signets and searched the quotes then. The week became a bit gut wrenching, I meant to end it as Jamie signed his name on the shirt with Claire's blood, but an actual signature didn't go with the theme as well as today's quote.
In reply to: Helka 's message, "QOTD for Wednesday, December 12, 2015 The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 47 Timor Mortis Conturbat Me. Copyright 1992 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved." on 22:39:59 12/11/15 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> It was a wonderful week Helka with a perfect ending and beginning ! Thank you for some concise and meaningful quotes that just embody the story as well as Diana's writing perfection. -- BetsyG, 04:24:27 12/12/15 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> This one gave me goosebumps. You did a great job with a very unique theme. It's amazing how these books have so much depth that they can be discussed over and over for years and we still find new things that touch an internal chord. -- Kathy in PA, 04:37:04 12/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Thank you Betsy and Kathy. I liked the Lord John quote the best, his need to let his thoughts out in writing, and the necessity to keep everything secret was sad and touching. -- Helka, 05:48:31 12/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Me too. I need to follow his act and get rid of things that really bothering me by writing them down and then destroying them. I truly understand once things are said or written, there's no taking them back. I also love Lord John and hope he can find his own soulmate and learn to be content with the un breakable bond of friendship he and Jamie share. -- Kathy in PA, 10:28:16 12/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Many times I've written a prickly comment on FB or texting on my phone and then deleted it. Makes me collect my thoughts and form an opinion without any unneeded drama. -- Helka, 11:20:55 12/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Agreed! For awhile I even had a secret writing blog that I have long since deleted but writing is such a catharsis ! -- BetsyG, 18:37:51 12/13/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Great theme with unusual quotes. Wonderful. Thanks -- Swarl, 05:45:44 12/12/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.