VoyForums

Monday, October 25, 01:38:40amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:03:33 12/21/15 Mon
Author: Lady-Jane
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, 22 December 2015

This one has only a passing reference to Christmas, but it was the beginning of a brief peaceful time for Jamie.

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 14, "Geneva." Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"It was a lonely life—but he had long since accepted the fact that for him, life was unlikely ever to be otherwise.

The soft snows came down upon Helwater, and even Major Grey’s official visit at Christmas—a tense, awkward occasion—passed without disturbing his growing feelings of content.

Very quietly, he made such arrangements as could be managed, to communicate with Jenny and Ian in the Highlands."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> He so rarely had any down time. Here was prisoner, but safe and free ( as much as he ever could be) of responsibility for things. -- kgp, 06:28:55 12/22/15 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I was so glad he had work as a groom, he had such a way with animals. I think the horses gave him a comfort he wasn't allowed from family and friends. -- Kathy in PA, 06:59:46 12/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> This time at Helwater really was one of the few times in Jamie's life, so far, that he could just be by himself and only worry for what needed to be done as a groom. -- LisaW, 07:38:33 12/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yes, yes, yes to what's already been said above ^^^^ thanks ladies for putting my thoughts into words :) -- MaryC in KY, 08:50:17 12/22/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.