VoyForums

Monday, October 25, 01:24:21amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:56:14 12/30/15 Wed
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, December 29, 2015

The following quotation is from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1992. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 30. Lallybroch

“In the forward cabin of the Portia, I had sat on the captain’s bunk, watching the steady rise and fall of the receding shoreline, my husband’s head cradled on my knees.

One eye opened a slit and looked up at me. I stroked the heavy damp hair off his brow. The scent of ale and whisky hung about him like perfume.

“You are going to feel exactly like hell when you wake up in Scotland,” I told him.

The other eye opened, and regarded the dancing waves of light reflected across the timbered ceiling. Then they fixed on me, deep pools of limpid blue.

“Between hell now, and hell later, Sassenach,” he said, his speech measured and precise, “I will take later, every time.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Isn't always that way when you have had too much to drink? The whiskey would get him through the voyage across the water, but oh boy, he will feel like hell. -- LisaW, 06:56:13 12/30/15 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I just heard "If you are going through hell, keep going." Wish I could remember who said it. But it was recently and I wasn't paying much attention until I heard it. -- Connee, 10:56:12 12/30/15 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.