VoyForums

Monday, October 25, 01:37:10amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:05:23 01/03/16 Sun
Author: BetsyG
Subject: QOD for Sunday January 3, 2016

The following quotation is from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1992. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 12, L’HÔPITAL DES ANGES.

“Fergus?” I said, eyeing the boy, and trying to ignore the goings-on below. The lad was possibly nine or ten, but small for his age, and fine-boned as a ferret. Clad in clean, worn clothes several sizes too big for him, he was also as French as they come, with the pale, sallow skin and big, dark eyes of a Parisian street child.

“Well, his name is really Claudel, but we decided that didna sound verra manly, so he’s to be called Fergus instead. A suitable warrior’s name, that.” Catching the sound of his name— or names— the boy glanced up and grinned shyly at me.

Last edited by author: Sun January 03, 2016 16:51:01   Edited 4 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Wee Fergus!! I wonder who decided it wasn't a manly name. Did Claudel confide in this tall stranger who asked for his help? -- kgp, 08:03:39 01/03/16 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> "He's Jamie's", is one of the best ways that Claire describes Fergus. Such a loyal lad to Jamie! -- LisaW, 12:25:19 01/03/16 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun January 03, 2016 12:26:02   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.