VoyForums

Wednesday, October 20, 09:12:53amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:52:18 01/05/16 Tue
Author: BetsyG
Subject: QOD for Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The following quotation is from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1992. All Rights Reserved.Chapter 14, MEDITATIONS ON THE FLESH.

The boy’s face was white and tracked with tears, but he was not weeping now. With considerable dignity, he bowed, first to me and then Jamie, in turn.

“Madame, Monsieur, I am ashamed,” he said, low-voiced but distinct. “I am unworthy to be in your employment, but still I beg that you will not dismiss me.” His high-pitched voice quavered a little at the thought, and I bit my lip. Fergus glanced aside at the ranks of the servants, as though for moral support, and received a nod of encouragement from Fernand the coachman. Drawing a deep breath for courage, he straightened up and addressed Jamie directly.

“I am ready to suffer my punishment now, milord,” he said.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Awwwwwwwww! -- M&M, 20:34:45 01/05/16 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> So afraid of being turned out - poor wee Fergus -- kgp, 04:48:44 01/06/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Poor Fergus! He is so I tuned to Jamie and making sure he does right by him. -- LisaW, 11:32:42 01/06/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.