VoyForums

Sunday, October 24, 11:58:51pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:36:51 01/10/16 Sun
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Sunday 10th January 2016

I volunteered at very short notice so haven't had time to think too deeply and come up with a theme. This week will be a random selection. Mainly light hearted, quite often humorous.

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana
Gabaldon, chapter 20 ‘Dangerous Gifts’ Copyright© 2005 by
Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jamie and Claire are discussing the past and their time at the abbey.

“ “Oh and what about you?” I asked, wanting to distract him from the memory of St. Anne. “Didn’t you like me?”
“Oh, I liked ye fine then,” he assured me. “I maybe like ye even more now, though.”
“Oh, do you indeed?” I sat up a little straighter, preening. “What’s different?”
He tilted his head to one side, eyes narrowing a bit in appraisal.
“Well, ye fart less in your sleep,” he began judiciously, then ducked, laughing, as a pinecone whizzed past his left ear. I seized a chunk of wood, but before I could bat him over the head with it, he lunged and caught me by the arms. He shoved me flat in the grass and collapsed on top of me, pinning me effortlessly.
“Get off, you oaf! I do not fart in my sleep!”
“Now how would ye ken that, Sassenach? Ye sleep so sound, ye wouldna wake, even to the sound of your own snoring.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love this light hearted aspect of their relationship! -- Em, 02:48:57 01/10/16 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Very good start Kirsten, and I'm like Claire, I resort to violence when threatened :-D -- Margy, 02:57:47 01/10/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ahh young love! :) -- NancyH, 04:36:38 01/10/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The most endearing part is that this is NOT young love. ABOSAA is when they're in their 40s and 50s. :) -- Lady-Jane, 08:54:37 01/10/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Very playful, love this scene! -- MaryC in KY, 05:04:31 01/10/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Whew. Thanks for volunteering. I'm traveling and couldn't do it, but I rely on my morning fix. Thanks so much, -- Swarl, 05:18:07 01/10/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Haha I'm reading these in reverse order as I forgot so I forget it was humour week. I'm loving it already. -- Gwen, 04:06:27 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.