VoyForums

Wednesday, October 20, 09:56:34amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:09:56 01/11/16 Mon
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Monday 11th January 2016

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana
Gabaldon, ‘Holyrood’ Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

This is where Claire was talking to Colum, who offered her an apology because of the trouble Laoghaire had caused, leading to the accusation of witchcraft. He asked Claire if she wanted him to get Laoghaire’s new husband to punish her. Claire looked out of the window as she thought………

“..Jamie was mine. As I watched, he rucked up his kilt and casually scratched his bottom, the sunlight catching the reddish-gold fuzz that softened the iron hard curve of his thigh. I smiled and went back to my seat…”

She then decided to just accept an apology.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Forgot to add, this in one that always makes me smile. The visual image is most endearing. -- Kirsten, 02:11:23 01/11/16 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I don't think watching my DH scratch his butt would be 'endearing' but I love the acceptance between them. -- kgp, 05:46:00 01/11/16 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Perfect!! He is hers and his bottom is included in that package!! -- LisaW, 07:07:21 01/11/16 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> it is all in the details! the glint of red gold and and iron hard curve! gotta love the details!!! -- BetsyG, 08:48:29 01/11/16 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Definitely light hearted and a wee bit fuzzy! ;-) Thx Kirsten -- LollyS, 11:24:28 01/11/16 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon January 11, 2016 11:24:50   Edited 1 time.
[ Edit | View ]

[> I think part of this is knowing anyone looking out a window at that time could have seen this, but only she gets to touch it! Really, just a chance glance, but a confirming one for Claire. Given what came later, maybe she should have taken Colum up on his offer. -- Margy, 22:25:49 01/11/16 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.