VoyForums

Monday, October 25, 01:13:43amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:11:11 01/12/16 Tue
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Tuesday January 12th 2016

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon,
chapter 9 ‘Two-thirds of a Ghost’. Copyright (c) 1997 by
Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

This is the aftermath of Claire swallowing her silver ring so Bonnet and his henchmen couldn't have it. Jamie made her drink a truly disgusting concoction (see page 182) to make her throw up.

“’Good as new.’ Jamie finished polishing the silver ring on his shirttail and held it up, admiring it in the glow of the lantern.
‘That is somewhat better than can be said of me.’ I replied coldly. I lay in a crumpled heap on the deck, which in spite of the placid current, seemed to be still heaving very slightly under me. ‘You are a grade-A, double-dyed, sadistic fucking bastard, Jamie Fraser!’
He bent over me and smoothed the damp hair off my face.
‘I expect so. If ye feel well enough to call me names, Sassenach, you’ll do. Rest a bit, aye?’ He kissed me gently on the forehead and sat back.”

This whole scene made me laugh, especially the part preceding this where Claire insisted she would wait for the ring to reappear after nature had taken its course and Jamie pointed out the messiness and other disadvantages of that method.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> She may be weak and limp but she still can give him a piece of her mind! This made me laugh too :) -- MaryC in KY, 05:17:09 01/12/16 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I remember the ah-ha! moment when I remembered he had had to wait for that sapphire to re-appear at Ardsmuir. Eeew. -- kgp, 05:19:07 01/12/16 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Great choice. -- LadyDuBois, 05:39:38 01/12/16 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Better for it to come up then come down and out. :) -- LisaW, 05:45:20 01/12/16 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> you felt such relief for her! And knew exactly what he meant! Another great choice Kristen! -- BetsyG, 06:30:15 01/12/16 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> And underlying all of it is their mutual understanding of the importance of that ring, and why they both did what they did! -- Em, 10:44:04 01/12/16 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie makes me laugh a lot in the books. I love little dialogues like this -- Gwen, 04:03:55 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ewww! lol! -- Piper-Mom, 07:19:57 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I always wondered why HE isn't sea sick on the river. Poor Claire -- Margy, 13:42:56 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.