VoyForums

Wednesday, October 27, 01:27:49pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:11:21 01/13/16 Wed
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Wednesday 13th January 2016

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 44
‘Forces of Nature’. Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

A steamy quote for a Wednesday........keeping up with the hump day tradition, I couldn't do otherwise could I?

“He seized me, picked me up bodily and laid me on the desk, heedless of crumpled papers and scattered quills. Tossing my skirts up past my waist, he grabbed my hips and half lay on me, his hard thighs forcing my legs apart.
It was like grasping a salamander; a blaze of heat in a chilly shroud. I gasped as the tail of his sopping shirt touched my bare belly, then gasped again as I heard footsteps in the passage.
‘Stop!’ I hissed in his ear. ‘Someone’s coming!’
‘Too late,’ he said, with breathless certainty. ‘I must have ye, or die.’
He took me, with one quick ruthless thrust, and I bit his shoulder hard, tasting salt and wet linen, but he made no sound. Two strokes, three and I had my legs locked tight around his buttocks, my cry muffled in his shirt, not caring either who else might be coming.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ooooh one of my favourites. I really need to do a re read. My Jamie is still in my head and my heart despite all the Sam stuff going on. Hope when I do re read its him I see. Although I'm not disappointed with Sam, he's just a wee bit immature for my Jamie. Thanks Kirsten -- Gwen, 04:02:16 01/13/16 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Good point Gwen. As I was reading parts of the books, looking at quotes I found the Jamie and Claire in my head are still mine and not Sam and Cait. I did enjoy the series but it hasn't changed what goes on in my head as I read. -- Kirsten, 17:44:21 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yowsa, what a good start to the day!! -- MaryC in KY, 05:59:52 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Verra nice, Lass. This gets the blood moving. -- CathyS, 07:13:51 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh my!!! -- Piper-Mom, 07:18:38 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> "...not caring who else may be coming." Hehehe, you mean besides Jamie?? -- DianaH, 08:38:28 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Steamy!! -- Em, 09:12:55 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Too Late, indeed!!! -- LisaW, 15:14:39 01/13/16 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.