VoyForums

Monday, October 25, 01:34:04amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:08:08 01/14/16 Thu
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Thursday 14th January 2016

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 36 ‘MacRannoch’ Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

This quote involves the two of my most favourite minor characters in the whole series and I’m sorry we didn’t see them again.

“ “You do what’s needed and I’ll scream if I have to.”
Replacing the leather strip, he bared his clenched teeth ferociously at me, then slowly and deliberately crossed his eyes. This made him look so like an addlepated tiger that I burst into half hysterical laughter before I could stop myself.
I clapped my hands over my mouth, cheeks flaming as I saw the astonished looks on the faces of Lady Annabelle and the servants, who, standing behind Jamie, naturally could see nothing of his face. Sir Marcus, who had caught a brief glimpse from his seat at the bedside, grinned in his spade shaped beard.”

A light hearted moment in an otherwise very dark chapter.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I agree that they were wonderful characters. I have always hoped they would pop up again. Since he was the one who gave Ellen the pearl necklace, I'm quite sure we will see him in the book about Ellen and Brian. I'm looking forward to it. -- CathyS, 04:51:30 01/14/16 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The real question is when will we get Ellen's & Brian's story? And what about wee froggie Raymond? -- Connee, 09:09:29 01/14/16 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I still wonder if we will ever see Mr. Willoughby ever again. -- LadyDuBois, 06:20:20 01/14/16 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Great scene -- kgp, 08:32:21 01/14/16 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love that in this moment we can still see the "whole Jamie", the Jamie that can make it through anything. -- LisaW, 12:28:16 01/14/16 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.