VoyForums

Wednesday, October 20, 10:51:11amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:25:07 01/15/16 Fri
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Friday 15th January 2016

From Dragonfly in Amber:
The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana
Gabaldon, chapter entitled ‘Prestonpans’. Copyright (c)
1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

The first encounter with Lord John Grey. We didn't know at this point how important he was to become.....

“Turning me towards himself, he twined his fingers in my hair, forcing my head back and kissing me with deliberate brutality that made me squirm involuntarily in protest.
Freeing my hair, he pulled me hard against him, facing the boy on the other side of the fire. The boy’s eyes were enormous, aghast with reflections of flame in the wide dark pupils.
’Let her go!” he demanded hoarsely. ‘What are you proposing to do with her?’
Jamie’s hands reached to the neck of my gown. With a sudden jerk, he tore the fabric of my gown and shift, baring most of my bosom.”

Rather shocking in my opinion, especially when Jamie gagged Claire, tied her hands behind her back with her belt and bared her totally to the waist, to the embarrassment of his men.
The humour in this scene however came at the end from Murdoch who told Jamie that he would be dogsmeat if he untied yon lassie without a dirk in his hand.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Agree, I was shocked to read this, I thought Jamie went too far with his "acting" in front of LJG. I don't think I would've forgiven him as quickly as Claire. -- MaryC in KY, 06:29:26 01/15/16 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I guess I really didn't think Jamie needed to be so extreme, with ripping her dress. I get that he was making a point with the boy, but did it really need to be so extreme? Claire would make sure he never did anything like that ever again, though. -- LisaW, 08:22:10 01/15/16 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Apart from the acute embarrassment of having her bosom bared to all and sundry, I would have thought she might also have been annoyed at having her dress ruined. -- Kirsten, 13:04:04 01/15/16 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I agree Kirsten -- Margy, 14:32:11 01/15/16 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.