VoyForums

Wednesday, October 27, 02:06:55pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:59:55 01/16/16 Sat
Author: Kirsten
Subject: Quote of the Day for Saturday 16th January 2016

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana
Gabaldon, chapter 7 ‘James Fraser Indian Agent’. Copyright© 2005 by
Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

My last quote for the week and again I hope it amuses you. Jamie is obviously not at all fussy when it comes to his Claire.

“ “Lie back, Sassenach, and ruckle up your shift. Then open your legs for me, there’s a good lass no, a bit wider, aye?” He began – with deliberate slowness – to open his shirt.
I sighed and shifted my buttocks a little, looking for a position that wouldn’t give me cramp if I had to hold it for long.
“If you have in mind what I think you have in mind, you’ll regret it. I haven’t even bathed properly,” I said reproachfully, “I’m desperately filthy and I smell like a horse.”
Naked, he raised one arm and sniffed appraisingly.
“Oh? Well, so do I. That’s no matter; I’m fond of horses.” He’d abandoned all pretence of delay, but paused to survey his arrangements, looking over me with approval.”

She’d been on a horse for ten hours prior to this, was stiff, tired and filthy. Added to all that, Major MacDonald was across the landing. Does Claire EVER say no???

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Hardly any other woman would appreciate such instructions. Claire and Jamie truly have a unique relationship. Thank you, your choises were fun to read. -- Helka, 05:25:25 01/16/16 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I know I would have said no, or at least not now! Let me wash and sleep a little bit, then I'd be more enthused :). Thanks for the quotes! -- MaryC in KY, 05:48:44 01/16/16 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yes, she said no on Grwndfather mountain during the gathering, for good reasons too many to list. Jamie promptly asked if she disliked him now and would no longer bed him. The man was being particularly dense. Thanks for the week and thanks for jumping in to fill the gap. -- Swarl, 05:50:48 01/16/16 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Men can be so singleminded when it comes to sex. I was in a car accident with my ex. I bruised my head on the rearview mirror (Imagine if I wasn't buckled up) and injured my knee also and when we got home he wanted to mmmph. Men think sex is the answer to everything. Going to remain anonymous because I actually gave in despite of my pain. -- Was crazy on him, 08:42:37 01/16/16 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Been there, done that also. Is it because although they're grateful no one was hurt, the testosterone levels spiked with adrenaline? Also, a little embarrassing, but sex after a funeral has happened too. Again, is it because we're glad to still be alive and able? Don't know and certainly still don't always understand the male mind:). -- Also Anonymous, 04:19:55 01/17/16 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Claire appreciates a man who knows what he wants and gets on with his business. -- LisaW, 14:51:49 01/16/16 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.