VoyForums

Wednesday, October 20, 10:50:03amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:26:23 01/25/16 Mon
Author: kgp
Subject: Stand-in QOTD for Monday, Jan 25, 2016

The following quotation is from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1992. Chapter 47. Loose Ends. All Rights Reserved.

“Roger felt a strong desire to ease behind the door before she noticed his presence and turned that molten wrath on him. But beyond his own discomfort he was conscious of a growing awe. The girl that stood on the hearth-rug, hissing and spitting in defense of her paternity, flamed with the wild strength that brought the Highland warriors down on their enemies like shrieking banshees. Her long, straight nose lengthened further by the shadows, eyes slitted like a snarling cat’s, she was the image of her father – and her father was patently not the dark, quiet scholar whose photo adorned the jacket of the book on the table.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Hey KGP, Do you want to do this week? I am up for doing my assignment, but I didn't know the boards were back up. Let me know what suits you, and thanks for posting. -- swarl, 05:58:43 01/25/16 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hi, Swarl - no, please go with your quotes. I had noticed there hadn't been one since Saturday and just pulled this one out of an old set. I'm on in February anyway. -- kgp, 09:29:34 01/25/16 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.