VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 09:34:12amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:00:01 03/10/15 Tue
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 22: "Reckonings". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jack Randall, so like and so horribly unlike Frank. His touch on my breasts had suddenly forged a link between my old life and this one, bringing my separate realities together with a bang like a thunderclap. And then there was Jamie: his face, stark with fear in the window of Randallís room, contorted with rage by the roadside, tight with pain at my insults.
Jamie. Jamie was real, all right, more real than anything had ever been to me, even Frank and my life in 1945. Jamie, tender lover and perfidious black-guard.
Perhaps that was part of the problem. Jamie filled my senses so completely that his surroundings seemed almost irrelevant. But I could no longer afford to ignore them. My recklessness had almost killed him this afternoon, and my stomach turned over at the thought of losing him. I sat up suddenly, intending to go and wake him to tell him to come to bed with me. As my weight fell full on the results of his handiwork, I just as suddenly changed my mind and flounced angrily back onto my stomach.

========================

I always found interesting that this realization happens a few hours after she made her run for Craigh na Dun.

Last edited by author: Tue March 10, 2015 04:20:45   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Definitely a turning point in their relationship -- kgp, 07:13:59 03/10/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yes, on the same day that she made the aborted effort to get back to Frank, she was beginning accept that she had deep feelings for Jamie. -- Florence, 16:50:58 03/10/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.