VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:54:07pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:52:55 03/11/15 Wed
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter ##: "Text". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Aye. That’s what marriage is good for; it makes a sacrament out of things ye’d otherwise have to confess.”
I collapsed again.
“Oh, Jamie, I do love you!”
This time it was his turn to laugh. He doubled over, then sat down at the roadside, fizzing with mirth. He slowly fell over backward and lay in the long grass, wheezing and choking.
“What on earth is the matter with you?” I demanded, staring at him. At long last, he sat up, wiping his streaming eyes. He shook his head, gasping.
“Murtagh was right about women. Sassenach, I risked my life for ye, committing theft, arson, assault, and murder into the bargain. In return for which ye call me names, insult my manhood, kick me in the ballocks and claw my face. Then I beat you half to death and tell ye all the most humiliating things have ever happened to me, and you say ye love me.” He laid his head on his knees and laughed some more. Finally he rose and held out a hand to me, wiping his eyes with the other.
“You’re no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let’s go.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> ahhhh..... "Ye're no verra sensible but I like ye fine" he has such a wonderful way with words..... -- MaryC in KY, 05:34:10 03/11/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> And the lad was well into his lessons of loving a strong and passionate woman. -- LisaW, 05:47:22 03/11/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I miss Murtagh, he was quite the keen observer. -- kgp, 06:36:30 03/11/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.