VoyForums

Monday, November 29, 04:03:17pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:36:47 03/12/15 Thu
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, March 12, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "Return to Leoch". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“Go ahead,” he said, a moment later. “Open it. It’s yours.”
The outlines of the little package blurred under my fingers. I blinked and sniffed, but made no move to open it. “I’m sorry,” I said.
“Well, so ye should be, Sassenach,” he said, but his voice was no longer angry. Reaching, he took the package from my lap and tore away the wrapping, revealing a wide silver band, decorated in the Highland interlace style, a small and delicate Jacobean thistle bloom carved in the center of each link.
So much I saw, and then my eyes blurred again.
I found a handkerchief thrust into my hand, and did my best to stanch the flow with it. “It’s…beautiful,” I said, clearing my throat and dabbling at my eyes.
“Will ye wear it, Claire?” His voice was gentle now, and his use of my name, mostly reserved for occasions of formality or tenderness, nearly made me break down again.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love that he asked her to wear it. -- LisaW, 07:11:19 03/12/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> And that he called her "Claire" and she realized just how special this is, and how truly committed Jamie is to her. -- Kathy in PA, 07:42:49 03/12/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> This is sort of the actual 'proposal' to me. I love this part of this scene, -- kgp, 08:15:23 03/12/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.