VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 10:49:01pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:22:11 03/13/15 Fri
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Friday, March 13, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "Return to Leoch". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I returned only slowly to myself, lying half on Jamie’s breast, sweated bodies still glued together, thigh to thigh. He breathed heavily, eyes closed. I could hear his heart under my ear, beating with the preternaturally slow and powerful rhythm that follows climax.
He felt me wake, and drew me close, as though to preserve a moment longer the union we had reached in those last seconds of our perilous joining. I curled beside him, putting my arms around him.
He opened his eyes then and sighed, the long mouth curling in a faint smile as his glance met mine. I raised my brows in silent question.
“Oh, aye, Sassenach,” he answered a bit ruefully. “I am your master…and you’re mine. Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own.” He turned me on my side and curled his body around me. The room was cooling in the evening breeze from the window, and he reached to draw a quilt over us. You’re too quick by half, lad, I thought drowsily to myself. Frank never did find that out. I fell asleep with his arms locked hard around me and his breathing warm in my ear.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> And that was the moment of change for Claire, for me. She was stuck between Jamie and Frank until Jamie took hold of her soul. -- LisaW, 07:26:49 03/13/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> I don't think Frank can be blamed for holding back. When we first meet them they have been separated for most of 5 years. They didn't really have the time together to reach this point. Granted, Jamie and Claire haven't been together too long either but the circumstances are different. The shared struggles and constant co-dependency have accelerated their closeness. I'm not denying their chemistry, I just think it's a bit hard on Frank. -- kgp, 10:25:32 03/13/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And the way they were raised. Frank was a proper English gentleman and soldier - stiff upper lip and all that. We don't know what his parents were like,,but we sure know Jamie was raised seeing passionate love and partnership between his parents. Let alone being a wild Highlander. He gave his love and soul easily once he found Claire and realized he was lost in her. -- Kathy in PA, 13:20:03 03/13/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> How long were Frank and Claire married before the war, though? Seems like Frank had ample time had he been willing; I often think that it's Jamie's youth that works in his favor. He's not been heartbroken in love so that he isn't trying to protect himself. He just gives all his heart and soul. -- Lady-Jane, 18:34:24 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.