VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 01:11:26pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:07:57 03/13/15 Fri
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, March 14, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 23: "Return to Leoch". Copyright (c) 1991 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Afterward, still joined, he traced the fading bruises his fingers had left on my shoulders by the roadside two days before.
Im sorry for those, mo duinne, he said, gently kissing each one. I was in a rare temper when I did it, but its no excuse. Its shameful to hurt a woman, in a rage or no. Ill not do it again.
I laughed a bit ironically. Youre apologizing for those? What about the rest? Im a mass of bruises, from head to toe!
Och? He drew back to look me over judiciously. Well now, these Ive apologized for, touching my shoulder, those, slapping my rear lightly, ye deserved, and Ill not say Im sorry for it, because Im not.
As for these, he said, stroking my thigh, Ill not apologize for that, either. Ye paid me full measure already. He rubbed his shoulder, grimacing. Ye drew blood in at least two places, Sassenach, and my back stings like holy hell.
Well, bed with a vixen I said, grinning. You wont get an apology for that. He laughed in response and pulled me on top of him.
I didna say I wanted an apology, did I? If I recall aright, what I said was Bite me again.

Not really a theme, this week. I'm rereading in preparation for the new episodes, and this is where I am -- and still among my favorite parts. Claire may think she made her choice at Craigh na Dun, but I think she had already really made it when she took Jamie's ring.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> What a great week - loved your choices, and it really made me anticipate part 2 of the Starz season even more - thank you :o) -- lori v, 03:58:17 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for the great week of old favorites. -- Swarl, 06:05:22 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> What a great week. Thank you for posting some of my very vivid memories of Outlander. -- CathyS, 06:08:57 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks Rita - I always love to read what quotes are chosen and if there is meaning behind the choice. The great thing is that they are ALL good, you can't go wrong! -- MaryC in KY, 12:54:08 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for a great week. -- kgp, 13:00:39 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for a great week of remembering and what is to come in the series. I think you are right, she made her choice long before Jamie taking er back to the stones. -- LisaW, 08:31:21 03/15/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.