VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 01:27:19pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:37:49 03/14/15 Sat
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, March 15, 2015

Greetings Lads and Lassies and welcome to another week of Quote of the Day. When my week to quote comes up, I usually pull quotes from the book I read most recently. I review all the passages I've highlighted and try to come up with quotes for a certain theme. The book this week is Written In My Own Heart's Blood. The theme is pain...characters suffering pain...or passages that caused me pain reading them. Enjoy the journey. CarolSR

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 1, A Hundredweight Of Stones. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Then he sighed deeply, squatted. And touched one of the cairns.

“Tha gaol agam oirbh, a Mhathair,” he said softly. My love is upon you , Mother. Closed his eyes and laid a scuffed hand on the other heap of stones. The dirt ground into his skin made his fingers feel strange, as though he could maybe reach straight through the earth and touch what he needed.

He stayed still, breathing, then opened his eyes. “Help me wi’ this, Uncle Jamie,” he said. I dinna think I can manage, alone.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> such a heart breaking opening -- kgp, 19:03:32 03/14/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Pain, indeed. Poor Ian. Such a blow, just when he thought he would have his mother with him for good... -- Rita, 06:59:31 03/15/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I feel so sad for Ian often. This one broke my heart for him. But he asked for strength from the one person he knew would always help him through things, Jamie. -- LisaW, 08:35:11 03/15/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Young Ian has IMO added so much to all the books....I've enjoyed watching the man in him evolve and how he has coped with different emotions...one of my favourite fictitious :-) characters -- Aussiewench, 18:36:39 03/15/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.