VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:28:18amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:51:55 03/15/15 Sun
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Monday, March 16, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 47, Something Suitable In Which To Go To War.. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“I turned my face to the side in order to breathe, and all of a sudden began to cry, quite without warning. “I’m sorry,” I gasped. “I don’t mean – I don’t want t-to make it h-harder for you. I—I –oh, Jamie, when I knew you were alive—I wanted so much to go home. To go home with you.”
His arms tightened hard round me. He didn’t speak, and I knew it was because he couldn’t.
“So did I,” he whispered at last. “And we will, a nighean. I promise ye.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> One man who remembers and keeps his promises. -- Lady Elizabeth, 19:39:00 03/15/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie was aleader of men....he went into militia because of a sense of duty but I feel he really meant it when he said he wanted to go home too....life is full of detours that get in the way of what we really want to do -- Aussiewench, 00:26:31 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Such a true to the heart scene for both of them - not the romanticized hero but a real man, called to duty and the fear for both of them. How many times have they faced this? -- kgp, 06:15:32 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I just listened to this on my way home from work on Friday. Claire is almost always so composed, but when she cries you know it is for reasons that are truely important to her. -- LisaW, 13:24:24 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> This is one of the bits I highlighted in my MOBY e-book! It's so beautiful, both of them doing what they must, instead of what they want. -- Rita, 18:35:10 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.