VoyForums

Saturday, November 27, 06:14:25amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:36:40 03/16/15 Mon
Author: Carol Sullivan Radzik
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 81, Among The Tombstones. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“He saw her at once, as though his thought had conjured her; right there in the open. She was standing up, staring openmouthed, and no wonder – there was a Continental regular on a stool beside her, holding a bloodstained cloth, and more such cloths in a basin at her feet. But why was she out here? She—

And then he saw her jerk upright, clap a hand to her side, and fall.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> For some reason quotes and dashes became fractions. :) -- CarolSR, 16:38:53 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> another throw the book moment. heart stopping. -- kgp, 18:23:45 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was pretty certain Claire wouldn't die (DG wouldn't do that to us, would she...?) but it made no difference. It was a shock just the same. -- Rita, 18:37:13 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> How heart-breaking, to see someone you love walking into harm's way and not be able to stop them- all you can do is watch in horror. -- Betsy Barefootspinner, 19:11:02 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> But what is the cloth that Denny finds in Claire and tells Jamie about? Is it from all Claire's travels through time? Or am I just thinking to hard? 😊🍀 -- LisaW, 21:57:43 03/16/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> it's the cloth torn through her clothes and stays by the bullet and driven into the wound by the impact. -- kgp, 03:18:57 03/17/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Thank you kpg, I thought I may be over thinking it. 😊🍀 -- LisaW, 07:17:12 03/17/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I loved that this shocked Jamie that he resigned...written in blood....so dramatic....he thought Claire was invincible ( IMO) and this really shook him up.. -- Aussiewench, 01:07:45 03/17/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.