VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 11:01:15amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:58:16 03/18/15 Wed
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, March 19, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter, 78, In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“It was while hauling the horse’s head round in order to lead her up the bank that he saw the other British soldier.

This one was lying near the bottom of the ravine, too, but not in the mud. He was lying facedown, but with his head turned to one side, and…”Och, Jesus, no! Ian flung his horse’s reins hastily round a tree trunk and bounded up the slope. It was, of course. He’d known it from the first glimpse of the long legs, the shape of the head, but the face made it certain, even masked with blood as it was.

William was still alive; his face twitched under the feet of a half-dozen black flies feeding on his drying blood.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> The cousins have quite an entangled history already. I'm looking forward to more. -- kgp, 06:05:15 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I hope William comes to appreciate Ian. And their relationship grows. No matter what Ian has felt for someone or what they may have done to him, like his Uncle Jamie, he feels a sense of honor to help people. -- LisaW, 10:39:38 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I think he will, once the resentment over being lied to his whole life fades a bit. I think he will appreciate having a blood cousin. Ben, Adam, Henry and Dottie are step-cousins. Jamie, Ian and Briana are his closest blood relatives. -- kgp, 12:29:56 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I have high hopes for the next book, regarding William. I think he already likes Ian -- he only needs to admit it to himself. -- Rita, 17:33:58 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.