VoyForums

Sunday, December 05, 06:36:30pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:59:24 03/19/15 Thu
Author: CarolSR (:()
Subject: QOTD for Friday, March 20, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 115, The Raveled Sleeve Of Care. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“This morning there was only stillness, and the curled form of what used to be Rollo.

Ian rose and went to him swiftly, knelt on the floor beside the body of his dog, and laid a gentle hand on the big furry head. He didn’t say anything, or weep, but she heard the sound he made when he breathed, as of something tearing in his chest.

She got out of bed and came to Ian, kneeling beside him, arm about his waist, and she was weeping, quite without meaning to.

“Mo chiu,” Ian said, running his hand lightly over the soft, thick fur. “Mo chuilean.” There was a catch in his voice when he said, “Beannachd leat, a charaid.” Goodbye, old friend.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I have to say that I cried like a baby at Rollo's death. Even now, as I type the words and read them again, I get teary. He was a character in the books as true as any other. He protected those he loved, was loyal to Ian and was his best friend throughout their adventures. I hope maybe back on the Ridge, we'll find a young pup of Rollo's pop out of the woods some day. Goodbye old friend. We'll never forget you. -- CarolSR, 16:05:23 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Have to agree that I, too, cried like a baby when Rollo died. What a loyal and wonderful creature. I believe, like many, that he knew Ian was settled and had a life time partner and that Rollo could finally cross the rainbow bridge knowing his beloved master had another by his side. -- Lady Linda, 16:21:10 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> With everything that happened in MOBY, it may be weird to say this, but this was the thing that made me really depressed. Made me think about all the long gone cats and dogs. -- Rita, 17:36:22 03/19/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Having lost quite a few dogs after loving them 12 ,14,15,17 years ....I can relate to this quote....losing a part of the family....sad day for Ianlosing his best friend -- Aussiewench, 01:28:49 03/20/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm with all of you. I know old animals die but I felt so heartbroken for Ian. -- Mia, 05:33:43 03/20/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> What a great and faithful Friend Rollo was. -- LisaW, 07:49:21 03/20/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.